Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
$99 sounds better...we will soon see!

That pricing is about what I expect. What would be interesting is to see what modifications have been made to the base heater unit. Hopefully Randy (or someone) does a teardown as like a lot of things in this world it is whats inside that really counts. Anyone know if Lucid Customs is affiliated with Dynavap?

I still think these things are priced too high
I thought it would have been a portable with pass-through charging, that is an extra $60 option so my guess on price was out a bit!
Have to wait and see to be sure, nice to speculate for just a little longer.

I’m not holding my breath for anything revolutionary but Dynavap has surprised us before.

It'll be interesting to see how reliable this 'engineered from the ground up' IH is going to be and how good the battery life on the portable version is.
Battery life being important brings to mind Timberhead designs new executive IH design with new battery option and guts by Pipes and good for over 100 clicks and counting. It's larger and more expensive but really beautiful.

I am a bit disappointed at this. Now, I do have a Lucid IH and like it. Four things I would like to see improved in it is; 1) mine has plexiglass sides and I would wish it to be a bit more rugged; 2) the unit needs to be disassembled to get the batteries to replace them; 3) I would have preferred a single model with batteries and true pass through charging/operation so that it can run plugged in as well as on battery power; 4) Greater battery capacity.

My dealings with Chris at Lucid were just fine. Communications, his fulfillment of delivery expectations, etc. It was easy and pleasant to deal with him.

Now, I believe this is a part time job for him...so, I'm not sure if he's planning to staff up for production runs, out source to a contract manf, or what but he may be overwhelmed by orders. Dunno, really though.

Now, this is never going to be a huge production run compared to other household electronics and appliances. That is, there will certainly be less of a revenue stream with which to recapture non-recurring design and manf start up costs than say a new Mr Coffee version.

But I would have liked to see DV go to a professional electronics design firm for...well, basic design based on a good and full set of operational/maintenance requirements.....and then to a contract manf for production qty. This may, however, have been financially unfeasible for the reasonably small qty that can be expected to sell.

It does say "engineered from the ground up by Lucid Customs specifically for use with the Dynavap". That does NOT say its a different design than what Lucid has been offering.

Also, I note that Lucid's site has dropped all models except for the bog standard in the rough metal box. I presume this is in anticipation of DV being his main retail outlet for his IH. Again, though...I have no inside info so this is all speculation.

Guess I will just have to wait and see what comes of it.

I rather like the Flux heater but...one man shop, six month lead time.

$120. Meh.

I have the SJK, got it for $50 US.

@Helios I’ve got the DDave glass mod but the US voltage SJK.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back