Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Check out PP's thread as he has changed things up quite a bit. You are in for a treat if you start at the beginning watching the evolution.

Im still bitter about selling my early pp stem..

I dont even know what the latest incarnation of the ti tip is.. last i bought was gen4
I believe that we are at 6 generations for the ti tip. IMO generation 4 and above operate in a similar fashion. Essentially the fin design has changed.

The 7 fin 4th gen tip evolved into 5 fins in the 5th gen.

Popular request brought back a 7 finned limited edition, but the fins were milled to sharp point rather than a square edge and a pattern was cut that mimics the rocker movement of pistons in an engine when you twirl it.

The last and current edition is the 6th gen that went back to 5 fins but incorporated a rounded valley between the fins.

There has been some debate that yet another version was released with deeper notches at the top of the tip but that may just be manufacturer variation. AFAIK there has been no new distinct ti tip releases for some time.
20180530_153814_kindlephoto-54218370.jpg

My omni is better than my M
But I think that is length more than anything else
I agree. I prefer a longer stemmed Vapcap for sure. The draw is smoother and even though I have small hands a longer stem is more comfortable to handle.

I believe that we are at 6 generations for the ti tip. IMO generation 4 and above operate in a similar fashion. Essentially the fin design has changed.

Popular request brought back a 7 finned limited edition, but the fins were milled to sharp point rather than a square edge and a pattern was cut that mimics the rocker movement of pistons in an engine when you twirl it.

The last and current edition is the 6th gen that went back to 5 fins but incorporated a rounded valley between the fins.

There has been some debate that yet another version was released with deeper notches at the top of the tip but that may just be manufacturer variation. AFAIK there has been no new distinct ti tip releases for some time.
View attachment 15968
I agree. I prefer a longer stemmed Vapcap for sure. The draw is smoother and even though I have small hands a longer stem is more comfortable to handle.
I think the Ti probably makes some difference too, but the length of airpath is maybe more of a thing
I don't really think the variable carb hole is as big of a feature for me as the other two

I was never quite sure what gen tips I had
Thanks to your picture chart I now know I have two 6th gen tips - one from my omni and one from my WS

I also have a shadow SS 19 M tip

I don't really think the variable carb hole is as big of a feature for me as the other two
I don't use an airport as most of my stems are aftermarket artist creations and don't have one and I prefer it that way. I mouthpull my vapor then open my mouth and inhale fresh clean air along with the vapor. Cool.and smooth. I also prefer the ti tips over the SS M tips although the latest 2019 M tip comes close.

During the black friday sale, PIU had a quick flash sale of 18M's for $35 with free shipping. I happened upon their website during the flash, but failed to act. I should have picked one up as a spare or to gift to a friend.

I currently use a pretty new SS tip with a old cap and a robusto stem. I still have a Ti woody and a vong with second generation tips. I wonder if they might be collector items some day?

I am in the cue for a @PP stem and can't wait. I am planning on ordering a twist after seeing a bunch of posts of some beautiful ones.

So my love of the “M” is not valid?
Your love of the M is valid

I like my shadow m too

But I like my omni more as it's longer
I sometimes use my shadow M stem with the mp and condenser from the omni to extend the length

I can love my omni while you love your M at the same time

I also have been looking at PP stems for ages @BabyFacedFinster but am yet to place the order
Many drools though looking

Your love of the M is valid

I like my shadow m too

But I like my omni more as it's longer
I sometimes use my shadow M stem with the mp and condenser from the omni to extend the length

I can love my omni while you love your M at the same time

I also have been looking at PP stems for ages @BabyFacedFinster but am yet to place the order
Many drools though looking
I use a water pipe with my “M”?
I love it since I use paper as a reference?
To me the “M” is perfect.
Everyone is Intittled to there opinion on accessment?
The ‘“M” is ideal for some?

I wouldn't call it an evolution myself. More a step backwards but that is just my opinion. Anyone who has a G4 7 fin tip should keep it. I have four or five that are going nowhere.

Broke out the J hook with a GonG last night. Been a while since I have used it & reminds me how it is the most simple vapes that can be so damm pleasant to use.

I feel the same way. The 7 finned 4th generation tips are my favorites. I was crushed when they moved to a 5 finned model. It seemed less refined to me.

I guess I missed out by a few months. Both my vc's came with the outsourced 2nd generation. DV has come so far so quickly. I don't remember it being much more than 2 years ago that I bought those vc's and already they are in the DV Smithsonian. The air restriction was pretty significant in those tips. I haven't tried using one with my new IH. Maybe I can get a bit more airflow using a @DD screen and get the Ed's TNT gong going again.

I prefer a slower heat up time and have taken to the SS tips. Looking forward to another redesign maybe in time for a 420 sale.

I use a water pipe with my “M”?
I love it since I use paper as a reference?
To me the “M” is perfect.
Everyone is Intittled to there opinion on accessment?
The ‘“M” is ideal for some?

@ataxian, the dynavap has become my main vape. I feel almost shameful to say that it has beat out my e-nano for daily use. The nano had been my daily driver for many many years. Right now I am enjoying the vapcap ritual.

I guess I missed out by a few months. Both my vc's came with the outsourced 2nd generation. DV has come so far so quickly. I don't remember it being much more than 2 years ago that I bought those vc's and already they are in the DV Smithsonian. The air restriction was pretty significant in those tips. I haven't tried using one with my new IH. Maybe I can get a bit more airflow using a @DD screen and get the Ed's TNT gong going again.

I prefer a slower heat up time and have taken to the SS tips. Looking forward to another redesign maybe in time for a 420 sale.

@ataxian, the dynavap has become my main vape. I feel almost shameful to say that it has beat out my e-nano for daily use. The nano had been my daily driver for many many years. Right now I am enjoying the vapcap ritual.
I use vaporizer according to my need?

I feel almost shameful to say that it has beat out my e-nano for daily use. The nano had been my daily driver for many many years. Right now I am enjoying the vapcap ritual.

Lol.. I go thru phases, switching between the two. Nano always on at the ready, understand exactly what u mean. I think I'll fire up my latest Gen SS tip with a water piece.. I worked a long day in the salt mines today and my legs are shot. Cheers cappers!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back