Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Just recieved my BB9 stem that I ordered, attached my 2019 M tip n cap, fired it up using it as is(not through a water piece)

First impressions.
It has a carb on the side which at first I thought damn, but it made good vapor with the carb fully open.
The flavor and coolness of the vapor is very nice.
The finish and quality is good, although where the dimpled glass stem is fused to the mouthpiece/gong adapter bit, there is a ring tiny air bubbles, not sure if that is normal or not.
Early days but I really like it. Does anyone else have one? Or have used one?

Whats the deal with the @ddave screens... iv been absent... what did i miss with ddave... im a fan.....

They are the shit dude. Definitely get some. Worth every penny & i have them in all my tips bar the OG glassy.

Just put some Mandarin Cookies through the DV, although I might have sandwiched a piece of Gelato rosin in the middle. Got so lifted I don't remember what I did.

I was just watching some Dam coffeeshop videos, and now dream of a nice stoner vacation. If I ever make that trip again, I would love to bring a vapcap with me. My dream also includes a portable IH, but don't think it would be easy getting one through customs. Maybe make a little alcohol burner?

I thought I remember folks talking about enjoying a DV with an alcohol burner, so I just ordered one to try:
Amazon product ASIN B074118YYC
Hoping for the best. Not much info on using one, but George did post a video on using a homemade version. Looks like you get a clean flame that doesn't foul the cap.

Last edited:
Just put some Mandarin Cookies through the DV, although I might have sandwiched a piece of Gelato rosin in the middle. Got so lifted I don't remember what I did.

I was just watching some Dam coffeeshop videos, and now dream of a nice stoner vacation. If I ever make that trip again, I would love to bring a vapcap with me. My dream also includes a portable IH, but don't think it would be easy getting one through customs. Maybe make a little alcohol burner?

I thought I remember @momofthegoons talking about enjoying a DV with an alcohol burner, so I just ordered one to try:
Amazon product ASIN B074118YYC
Hoping for the best. Not much info on using one, but George did post a video on using a homemade version. Looks like you get a clean flame that doesn't foul the cap.
Any soft flame can be used to not foul the cap
I watched one of George's videos to learn how to this
Beforehand I couldn't work out how to use a bic or other soft flame with the DV
It's about putting the cap into the flame instead of the tip
I liked the ability to do this if needed

@BabyFacedFinster I've been meaning to try an alcohol burner for ages, there are some awesome looking ones that people build and post on YouTube.

@felvapes When I first got my 2018 M I didn't have a torch lighter so I used a bic, I watched that video of how George did it. The bic lighter gets hot as f#@k and the cap does still get some soot build up on it even with it fully immersed in the flame. It also takes a long time to get to the click. A long time.......

@BabyFacedFinster I've been meaning to try an alcohol burner for ages, there are some awesome looking ones that people build and post on YouTube.

@felvapes When I first got my 2018 M I didn't have a torch lighter so I used a bic, I watched that video of how George did it. The bic lighter gets hot as f#@k and the cap does still get some soot build up on it even with it fully immersed in the flame. It also takes a long time to get to the click. A long time.......
Not when I tried
I watched the video and it worked great for me
Slower than a torch but not a big wait
And very minimal soot that wipes off immediately if any wiping needed
When I tried to soft flame before learning the technique I had the issues you spoke of

The bic didn't get any hotter than when pulling a couple of big cones, Esp when it blocked ....

Alcohol burner will be a similar experience to a bic
Soft flame same ways, possibly slightly less chance of soot if a clean fuel, but still can do

Last edited:
Not when I tried
When I tried to soft flame before learning the technique I had the issues you spoke of

The bic didn't get any hotter than when pulling a couple of big cones, Esp when it blocked ....

Soft flame same ways, possibly slightly less chance of soot if a clean fuel, but still can do

I tried a bic while on vacation and hated it. I found that the bic did get very hot, particularly where your thumb spins the wheel, and then lots of soot to clean. Also, IDK if it was the inability to focus the soft flame on the cap, but the hits were very hot and burning on my throat. That annoying experience led me to buy a Fury 2 for traveling far away.

If that is what I'm gonna get from the alcohol burner then I'm glad I only spent 7 bucks. I never really liked torches either. It was really the addition of an IH that brought me back to the DV.

For me, the best soft flame is a candle. You can achieve a nice slow flavorful roast without burning your fingers on a hot ignition button. I have a candle by the tub and it heats my Vapcap and provides ambiance at the same time. If you use a tealight in a holder of the right height you can roll the tip on the edge over the flame. A Bic would be my absolute last choice of soft flame.

Not when I tried

I did find that the soot wiped off easily after using the bic.
Found this vid about a diy copper coil alcohol burner.

I'm curious @Squiby Does a candle produce much soot on the cap?

Does a candle produce much soot on the cap?
I get very little soot on my cap. I have had good luck holding my cap above the flame. However, I'm sure George said on one of his videos that the best technique to avoid soot is to bury it in the flame, which doesn't work for me. So, it makes me wonder if some other factors are at play that I'm not aware of, like the type of fuel/wax being burned, material and length of wick etc.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back