Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
UK customs cleared.
A few stems, an IH, charger and 2 batteries sailed through again. Next stop Vegas and US border control. I've been told to turn on the 'English charm'. No idea where you get it, searched duty free and it's nowhere to be seen.:rofl:
IMG-20200224-133926.jpg

I would suggest trying one sometime and seeing where it takes your game.
ss tips have advantages too, esp. when you prefer to take long draws or several draws per heat cycle.
yes thx, i am planning on trying one. actually for the chamber reducer alone. not sure if it really makes a difference. i am a micro-doser, and have no trouble putting the tiniest amounts in my current ss tip. but who knows, and i think once i get a new dynavap (really excited to get sth on the way w/ phatpiggie) i might look into it. titanium isnt high on my priority list atm, but i now know dynavaps have a firm place in my carousel of distractions, so it merely seems a question of when i will try one.
for me the faster heat up / cool down times of ti is not really a plus (it really could be a minor diff though), i enjoy the the process of heating the tip in a flame, & dont really mind the stem getting hot either. but i dont know what i am talking about until i actually tried a titanium tip. so i am sure i will at some point.

actually for the chamber reducer alone. not sure if it really makes a difference. i am a micro-doser, and have no trouble putting the tiniest amounts in my current ss tip.

So in my experience it does make a bit of a difference – honestly, I hardly reduce the chamber because I mostly go for the full load and setting the ccd back and forth is not really a practical solution. I also think even with the standard sized chamber smaller amounts are very doable. But those very nano amounts do work *better* with the respective chamber size, as in: more consistent, more even.

yes thx, i am planning on trying one. actually for the chamber reducer alone. not sure if it really makes a difference. i am a micro-doser, and have no trouble putting the tiniest amounts in my current ss tip. but who knows, and i think once i get a new dynavap (really excited to get sth on the way w/ phatpiggie) i might look into it. titanium isnt high on my priority list atm, but i now know dynavaps have a firm place in my carousel of distractions, so it merely seems a question of when i will try one.
for me the faster heat up / cool down times of ti is not really a plus (it really could be a minor diff though), i enjoy the the process of heating the tip in a flame, & dont really mind the stem getting hot either. but i dont know what i am talking about until i actually tried a titanium tip. so i am sure i will at some point.
Micro dosing is new to me?
I’m wasteful maybe?
Do you have a “M”?
I like STAINLESS of most metal’s?
5-second’s is not much really!

Micro dosing is new to me?
I’m wasteful maybe?
Do you have a “M”?
I like STAINLESS of most metal’s?
5-second’s is not much really!
i am probably using the term too loosely, i just have (and always had) a pretty low tolerance. true microdosing - as far as i understand it - is generally looking for minimal effects (whatever that is will vary from user to user) , by using just enough to achieve these desired effects. from what i gather it is possible to lower one's dosage incrementally over time to reach the same effects, but i have no personal experience with this. i have not read through it, but here is a dedicated micro-dosing thread: https://vaporasylum.com/threads/micro-dosing-cannabis.232/
if i am using my dynavap (& yes, i have the m), 0.015g will make me as stoned as i could want to be. i am a recreational user, my scale is cheap (i dont usually weigh out how much i am using, so the 0.015 is roughly what i eyeball), and unless i am on vacation mode, i only use cannabis in the evenings to unwind. i think this amount will vary also with the vaporiser i am using, the dynavaps seem uncannily efficient to me.

i am probably using the term too loosely, i just have (and always had) a pretty low tolerance. true microdosing - as far as i understand it - is generally looking for minimal effects (whatever that is will vary from user to user) , by using just enough to achieve these desired effects. from what i gather it is possible to lower one's dosage incrementally over time to reach the same effects, but i have no personal experience with this. i have not read through it, but here is a dedicated micro-dosing thread: https://vaporasylum.com/threads/micro-dosing-cannabis.232/
if i am using my dynavap (& yes, i have the m), 0.015g will make me as stoned as i could want to be. i am a recreational user, my scale is cheap (i dont usually weigh out how much i am using, so the 0.015 is roughly what i eyeball), and unless i am on vacation mode, i only use cannabis in the evenings to unwind. i think this amount will vary also with the vaporiser i am using, the dynavaps seem uncannily efficient to me.

I was a late adopter and was utterly blown away by my 2018 M. I was equally as blown away by the difference I felt toward Omni XL when I got that. It's not all about being faster or a bigger hitter (though it is) it's much more complicated. I posted a question on FC regarding adjusting the bowl size and didn't get a ton of feedback. My experience at micro dosing with it wasn't great. The disk kept slipping..obviously I'm doing something wrong. I'll stick to my Vapman for microdosing as it's designed for that.

I posted a question on FC regarding adjusting the bowl size and didn't get a ton of feedback. My experience at micro dosing with it wasn't great. The disk kept slipping..obviously I'm doing something wrong. I'll stick to my Vapman for microdosing as it's designed for that.
Vapcaps, any model, are wonderful microdose devices. You can adjust the screen to size the chamber if you want, but I find you get better results all around, with vapor and effect, by just placing a tiny unground nug into a full sized chamber. If you haven't tried this you'll be atonished. The Vapcap is much more efficient with tiny amounts compared to a full bowl.

I have read of those who prefer their chamber adjusted to the smallest size. If you want to try this approach again, push the CCD into the chamber until it clicks into the ridge. The screen will be set and ready to go. I like to use a nail punch to gently set the screen. Another effective technique is to use an 8mm bolt threaded with a nut. Adjust the nut to the depth prefered and it will evenly and securely set your screen.

I'll stick to my Vapman for microdosing as it's designed for that.
i have never tried a vapman, so dont know how they compare. i became curious after your post & stumbled upon a glowing vapecritic review. i like the idea of a conduction but also flavour focused microdoser. i am wondering if the low temp vapcap would yield similar results? i already have more vaporisers than i need though. and the dynavap does serve me very well for small amounts, much much better than my mighty or firefly, no complaints whatsoever.
i do think my scale is probably not very precise, or my operating it. what showed as 0.015 yesterday looks more like 0.03 today. maybe thats a negligible difference for my eyes, maybe it will be 0.5 by the end of the week. i would much like to try an omni at some point, i am sure it handles differently. of course it seems easy getting lost comparing the endless possible variations of the dynavaps. really looking forward to working sth out with @phattpiggie - thats where all my scientific curiosity is focused at for now.

The one thing I really love about vapcaps is the hybrid convection/conduction vapour hits that sweet spot for me.

I'd be pretty happy if I could vape .5 a week @im not a robot . Thats amazing.

I'd be pretty happy if I could vape .5 a week @im not a robot . Thats amazing.
oh i have no idea how much i am using in a week. i could have formulated that clearer. i only started weighing out amounts once ataxian asked about microdosing, and it seems the results i see on my scale are not very consistent. but maybe .5 could be about right? i am sure it fluctuates too. i'll start watching that.
& i agree about the vapcap vapour. i feel i underestimated the pros of conduction, convection being so sexy.

Last edited:
oh i have no idea how much i am using in a week. i could have formulated that clearer. i only started weighing out amounts once ataxian asked about microdosing, and it seems the results i see on my scale are not very consistent. but maybe .5 could be about right? i am sure it fluctuates too. i'll start watching that.
& i agree about the vapcap vapour. i feel i underestimated the pros of conduction, convection being so sexy.
I weighed at first?
Now I just medicate what I need?
We are all different!
I had these friends growing up that took LSD every week-end.
I was more of a pot guy however recreational during this ERA of confusion?
One dude when to UNIVERSITY and one dude is dead!
Moral of my story is that we are all different?
This season is more MEDICAL!
CANNABIS is great since I replaced all my PHARMACY MEDICINE.
I can only wish my CANNABIS consumption was RECREATIONAL?
Not boasting: one once/weekly RECREATIONAL!
MEDICAL this is more like every five week’s this same amount!
My wife doesn’t consume CANNABIS?
I love it!
“M” is my MEDICAL tool!
4-BLING VAPE CAP has that as well?
“M” is PERFECT for my need’s!

Last edited:
I weighed at first?

Yeah, me too, just out of curiosity and because I was amazed that a standard session would only need .05g. That *is* amazing and cool to know. When I was smoking I was using about three times as much weed as I do now and that decrease wowed me for quite a while. And still does, but I also very much agree that we all are different. Some of us will never really get a kick or help out of a microdose, so it's a bit questionable to compare sometimes.

Wondering: If I wanted to deepen the ridges cut into the end of a Ti tip to increase airflow, what tool might I use?

I picked up one of those reissued 7 fins and want to enjoy it. However, the restriction is quite noticable compared to my relatively new SS tip. I switched out the CCD for a DDave screen but the effect was minimal. It has ridges cut into the end, but they are not as deep at my new tip. I believe this is where the increased restriction comes from.

I was thinking of using a small round file to deepen the grooves. Anyone have any experience?

Wondering: If I wanted to deepen the ridges cut into the end of a Ti tip to increase airflow, what tool might I use?

I picked up one of those reissued 7 fins and want to enjoy it. However, the restriction is quite noticable compared to my relatively new SS tip. I switched out the CCD for a DDave screen but the effect was minimal. It has ridges cut into the end, but they are not as deep at my new tip. I believe this is where the increased restriction comes from.

I was thinking of using a small round file to deepen the grooves. Anyone have any experience?
I got some diamond files off eBay
They work fine to make the grooves bigger and give more airflow
Gives bigger clouds like this too

Thanks folks. I'm gonna give it a try with a tiny file and report back. I think I have a few somewhere in the basement.

I have another tip that I believe to be one of the original 7 fin 4th gen models. However, I think its a demo model as it has some slight flaws. One issue is the opposite end of the tip that pushes into the stem has an outer ridge that is pronounced. So much that it is too wide to push into a glass stem. I might also try filing that down so I can fit it on a Robusto or Hula stem.

Also, I just ordered a 3D long stem from PIU. In comparision, they appear to be identical to the Hula stems from Sneaky Pete but a bit cheaper. I hope the quality to be the same. I have always been happy with eveything from PIU.

Thanks folks. I'm gonna give it a try with a tiny file and report back. I think I have a few somewhere in the basement.

I have another tip that I believe to be one of the original 7 fin 4th gen models. However, I think its a demo model as it has some slight flaws. One issue is the opposite end of the tip that pushes into the stem has an outer ridge that is pronounced. So much that it is too wide to push into a glass stem. I might also try filing that down so I can fit it on a Robusto or Hula stem.

Also, I just ordered a 3D long stem from PIU. In comparision, they appear to be identical to the Hula stems from Sneaky Pete but a bit cheaper. I hope the quality to be the same. I have always been happy with eveything from PIU.
I use gogs from DHgate for use with a bong
They can vary slightly as to the size for fitting
I have slightly bigger orings for the bigger ones
My shadow m19 tip has a wider base like you describe too and won't fit all my gogs

Love the gate for cheap functional glass
Just gotta wash that corona virus off ATM haha

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back