Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Are those sitting in a glass flower frog? I keep various picks and tools in them. :biggrin:

You've got quite the nice collection going there. Now all you need is a custom stem from @phattpiggie :naughty2:
Is that what it is called? Yes it is. With some magnets inserted in some of the holes. I found a 7pk of magnets and the frog in a free pile. So yea you could have a frog for you collection. Now imagine it with a light source below it.

A custom stem from @phattpiggie ? Imagine both our ideas in one stem. He could make one that is OG glass condenser friendly as well. If he hasn't already.

I am getting a few more vapcaps tomorrow that are wood related. A lightwood vong and mystery dynastash to contrast the blackwood that I got on 4/20. Also going to get a carbon fiber stem to make the lightest vapcap that I can carry. And a few more trinkets.

My VapCaps have been getting a disproportionate amount of use lately. It is just too easy to have a quick cap & with the right torch technique it is done in two rips. One technique I have found works is have a cap while the Air is heating up, vape the Air stem & finish with another cap. Gets me to a low orbit like a monkey shot into space.

space_monkey_meds.jpg

After I get to know my vapes, things start to merge.:science: This April it is the Fury 2 merging with my vapcaps.
I took the metal screen out of a Fury 2 gasket and covered the carb hole in my M17 and did the EVO trick without having the cap rest on the bamboo.
Merge PT II - The M17 can be used as an MP-bowl for the Fury 2. (minus the cap,mind you) It is a looser fit than the glass adapters designed for that vape. But with the M being SS, it conducts heat as well as convection from the Fury 2. So both vapes can work together to make vapor. SUCCESS.
3tfUWD2l.jpg

Waxed my wooden vapes and Dynastash. Got an agate cigarette holder that works as a short stem. Got the lightest Vong and darkest Dynastash they sell, I think. :biggrin: Also got a carbon fiber stem.
9OwdQZfl.jpg

@ataxian we might get lucky with a flash sale on the caps tonight. I need to order one myself. I forgot to get one with the last tip I bought. :doh:

I have be sneaky to use the VAPCAP (my wife think's a torch is primative)
My CAP is all F^CK'D up.
So thank U!
I need a new cap?
Is there a way to light my VAPCAP with ELECTRICITY instead of a flame?
I don't mind a torch however my family won't let me use one?
Now I do love the M. (need to hide)

Is there a way to light my VAPCAP with ELECTRICITY instead of a flame?
The only other way I know of is battery powered with an induction heater ataxian. And I prefer it to a torch. Much easier to use for me. And seems a bit gentler on the cap as well. Currently, @Pipes is the only one who is actively selling them and he has a long waiting list. @Dynavap is making their own but it's still in beta phase.

My suggestion would be to pick one up when you can. It's made a world of difference in my using the Vapcap. I never did get the hang of a torch with it.

I have never had any smell issue with my woodies & I have five different ones. The condensers are a very different story but I have found the occasional Iso swabbing of the wood does not hurt especially if you put a thin layer of "butter" on the inside stem after cleaning. If you are worried about odour maybe bury it in bicarb of soda for a day or two to remove the odour & then brush it off with a damp cloth? I always make sure the condenser is inside the tip though with no gap to leak vapour or reclaim. What a strange problem to have? Of course my nose could be too close to my arse & all mine stink :idon'tknow:

In short Iso or acetone for the metal parts & butter for the wood with precautions taken with perishable parts like O rings.

Just to confirm.. packing with bicarb soda for a day, completely removes any unwanted odors from the wood parts...
Magic... many thanks @Stevenski...

The only other way I know of is battery powered with an induction heater ataxian. And I prefer it to a torch. Much easier to use for me. And seems a bit gentler on the cap as well. Currently, @Pipes is the only one who is actively selling them and he has a long waiting list. @Dynavap is making their own but it's still in beta phase.

My suggestion would be to pick one up when you can. It's made a world of difference in my using the Vapcap. I never did get the hang of a torch with it.
I can use a torch with no problem.
Everyone else freak's out!

Just to confirm.. packing with bicarb soda for a day, completely removes any unwanted odors from the wood parts...
Magic... many thanks @Stevenski...

Awesome news. I knew it would work but my only concern was that 1% chance it might discolour the wood. I will do the same if mine start to smell.

After so much experimentation I just keep coming back to my GonG VapCap as it is so simple for either J hook or water tool. Any G4 or M/M2 tip will do but I find the G4 tips work best as it handles the 5 O rings better.

If anyone is interested in making a GonG all you need is

1 x Dynavap Ti tip & cap
1 x piece of silicone whip (I used my DDave kit tubing for the EQ)
2 x extra O rings to make 5 in total
1 x https://edstnt.com/vaporizer-accessories/ws?product_id=51

You can make this for $15 & I like it better than any of my assorted VapCaps.

20180504_205911.jpg

Awesome news. I knew it would work but my only concern was that 1% chance it might discolour the wood. I will do the same if mine start to smell.

After so much experimentation I just keep coming back to my GonG VapCap as it is so simple for either J hook or water tool. Any G4 or M/M2 tip will do but I find the G4 tips work best as it handles the 5 O rings better.

If anyone is interested in making a GonG all you need is

1 x Dynavap Ti tip & cap
1 x piece of silicone whip (I used my DDave kit tubing for the EQ)
2 x extra O rings to make 5 in total
1 x https://edstnt.com/vaporizer-accessories/ws?product_id=51

You can make this for $15 & I like it better than any of my assorted VapCaps.

View attachment 3356
I've done a similar thing to this for a very long time, using a standard 14mm male to 14mm male straight adapter. Works wonders and when I'm using glass, this is my preferred method. No need for the condenser when we've got a percolator and water anyway :dog:

I found that I could connect my vapcap tip to the 14mm male without any additional o-rings or silicone whip, but YMMV since these GonG pieces can vary in their inner diameter IME.

I've been comparing the different tips I have... and I've got to say that I really like the 7 fin that was released a bit ago. I hope they continue with that style. The air flow seems the least restrictive with it. I also finally took note of the heat up times and can see that the M takes a bit longer to heat up but it retains the heat longer.

Also took some time to clean out all my stems from @phattpiggie and polish them up. I was really surprised at how much had built up inside the condensers. And they look so pretty when they're all polished up. It's an important part of having any type of wood stem (or log vape, etc. for that matter), especially around the mouthpiece.

Noticed that @VapoShop is now carrying the OG glass VapCap again... how fun is that? I was hoping that model would return. The flavor is so nice with it.

Noticed that @VapoShop is now carrying the OG glass VapCap again... how fun is that? I was hoping that model would return. The flavor is so nice with it.

Vapefiend have the outer glass body.. but thats all...
Iv been wanting an all glass stem for a while... but i want it at least xl length..
Anyone know where i can get one..???
@phattpiggie any ideas...???

Vapefiend have the outer glass body.. but thats all...
Iv been wanting an all glass stem for a while... but i want it at least xl length..
Anyone know where i can get one..???
@phattpiggie any ideas...???

I was going to suggest this but after fucking around getting the link & photo it twigged you mean all glass :doh:

Still could be a sturdy option for a long glass VapCap but obviously not all glass & pretty expensive for what it is.

20180515_183152.jpg

https://edstnt.com/vaporizer-accessories/ws?product_id=95

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back