Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I just feel like will be able to heat it better...
I thought the same, but the second and a bit time between clicks in the IH makes it easy to creep around the click. I have also found using different depth insertions also can change things around if you like to experiment.

I thought the same, but the second and a bit time between clicks in the IH makes it easy to creep around the click. I have also found using different depth insertions also can change things around if you like to experiment.
I'm a big IH fan myself. It made a huge difference in the amount I used the Vapcap. In other words; I use it now. :lol: I find there's way more control in heating.

So you can use different depths with this IH? That makes it different that the Pipe's version. In that one you have to insert it all the way until it engages.

This one has 30mm wide by 30mm deep orifice. It also has a proximity switch that starts it as soon as a ferrous metal gets in/really close to the oven then switches it self off, no mechanical switch to engage so you can play around more.

@Kellya86 I couldn't make one the same as DV do, I don't have the counter bore for the X rings.

@ataxian been about the same temps here lately.

Not really a Milkshot so I'll leave it here.
@herbivore21 and Kellya86 induction, for me , offers much more control especially with the SS tip.
Small dab of rosin in a hemp ball, F*@K THE CLICK bowl.

Man thank you for posting that video! This is a usage scenario that is very similar to my own. I like the omnivap for small loads of concentrate only. However, the lighter is too noisey to suit my usage requirements a lot of the time. Does the portside work well with the OG omnivap in your experience?

Is that portside mini running off of batteries too? Wireless induction heating is even more appealing to me!

@Kellya86 I couldn't make one the same as DV do, I don't have the counter bore for the X rings.

@ataxian been about the same temps here lately.

Not really a Milkshot so I'll leave it here.
@herbivore21 and Kellya86 induction, for me , offers much more control especially with the SS tip.
Small dab of rosin in a hemp ball, F*@K THE CLICK bowl.

"M" ACTION 2 da max ("M" in da rotation) dry because of heat?
Love CANNABIS 2 DA MAX!
Pool side 2 day

Last edited:
Is that portside mini running off of batteries too?
It sure does, I think there is a waiting list you have to go on if you wish to purchase, they are that good/convenient/popular.:thumbsup:

Crap that's a let down..
What are my options here..???
Must be able to get one from somewhere...

It sure does, I think there is a waiting list you have to go on if you wish to purchase, they are that good/convenient/popular.:thumbsup:
Is CRICKET da start of BASEBALL?
Thought U might know?
RICK & MORTY = GAMER'S

M'D OUT 2-DAY

WE PLAYED OUTSIDE in my generalizations era
My two oldest R like me phycally.
My youngest is da best GAMER on this dot! IMLW (in my little world)
More CONTRAST needed?

@herbivore21 I have an Omni but it's only used in photos, I have used my Ti tip in the IH, it gets hotter quicker.

Where I would happily go 4-5 seconds after the click with the M tip I'm looking at 2-3 with the Ti.

It's just a matter of 'learning' how far to go beyond the click as I did with the M but I prefer the forgiving nature of the SS.
Plus I'm looking for a more joint like experience.

At the moment a bowl of weed is 1 minute 20-40 seconds, this is mouth to lung and running single click bowls

I called it 'dip 'til done', I think @Squiby likes 'sip and dip' and I've heard it called 'IH surfing'.
I run to the first two clicks, count 4-5 then toke until I notice less heat and a decline in vapor production then it's back on the heat for a second or two.
Toke again and so on.
I've been doing it for so long click to click bowls seem alien.

Thru a piece of glass I've toasted a load in two or three 'dips', I'm 'high' and looking at running another bowl.

This bowl has to be one of the longest, 8 dips in total with 6 being very worthwhile, most of the time the AVB looks to have another go it but I'm 'stoned' so it's binned.

It looks like the Mini is a 3 month wait but instead of building Skeletors @Pipes has started offering all the bits individually so you could buy just the heater part, add a switch, and PSU and your off.

There is an 800mah Lipo battery in the Mini which will see me thru roughly a gram, usually 12-15 VC bowls.
The C rating of this battery turns the Mini into a fierce little heater but the tactile switch in the coil makes it so easy to control.

Induction heater looks kinda handy! I kinda want to plug in the induction cooktop and give it a whirl...
Lol bro I believe I was one of the first to suggest induction heating for the dynavap range many years ago. Back then, one of the first things I did was try to put my vapcap M and omni on top of the induction cooker. Sadly, this was not effective lol. The cooker gave me the error indicating that it could not detect a suitable vessel to heat. I think the size and mass of the vapcap is too small for an induction cooker to heat.

@herbivore21 I have an Omni but it's only used in photos, I have used my Ti tip in the IH, it gets hotter quicker.

Where I would happily go 4-5 seconds after the click with the M tip I'm looking at 2-3 with the Ti.

It's just a matter of 'learning' how far to go beyond the click as I did with the M but I prefer the forgiving nature of the SS.
Plus I'm looking for a more joint like experience.

At the moment a bowl of weed is 1 minute 20-40 seconds, this is mouth to lung and running single click bowls

I called it 'dip 'til done', I think @Squiby likes 'sip and dip' and I've heard it called 'IH surfing'.
I run to the first two clicks, count 4-5 then toke until I notice less heat and a decline in vapor production then it's back on the heat for a second or two.
Toke again and so on.
I've been doing it for so long click to click bowls seem alien.

Thru a piece of glass I've toasted a load in two or three 'dips', I'm 'high' and looking at running another bowl.

This bowl has to be one of the longest, 8 dips in total with 6 being very worthwhile, most of the time the AVB looks to have another go it but I'm 'stoned' so it's binned.

It looks like the Mini is a 3 month wait but instead of building Skeletors @Pipes has started offering all the bits individually so you could buy just the heater part, add a switch, and PSU and your off.

There is an 800mah Lipo battery in the Mini which will see me thru roughly a gram, usually 12-15 VC bowls.
The C rating of this battery turns the Mini into a fierce little heater but the tactile switch in the coil makes it so easy to control.

This is a great post my friend! It sounds like the omni will heat up more quickly with induction, but that actually suits me as I use my vapcap exclusively with 4 star hash or distillates with SS concentrate pad most of the time. I find that I need to heat my loads a while beyond the click and so the faster heat up should simply make up for that. Although it sounds from what you are saying that I should be careful if I ever use flower in the omni on the IH? Have you ever accidentally combusted with the omni + IH combo? Thanks once again man!

'Have I ever accidentally combusted' this put a smile on my face @herbivore21.
'Yes I have' would be the honest answer.

With weed if you don't tamp the load in the bowl there is the risk of combustion. The clicker gets hotter than the cap and tip and chars the weed nearest it.

Usually I get this char when I'm at the end of a bowl, no ash but still unpleasant tasting given all the terps are well used up by this time.

Just the other day I had a full on incident after the first click, revolting even laden with all the terps, I pea shootered the load out and watched it smouldering on the lawn.
I am so glad I vape, the taste of burnt weed stayed with me for ages afterwards.

I've pushed the hemp and concentrate balls a few times and never had a problem. I am happy to reuse them a couple of times and they are still fine.

I have a SS pad which @Squiby sent me over but I've not been using it. I find it more convenient to scrap a bit of rosin up and wipe it into the hemp before I turn it into a ball.

All the contents stay inside the ball and leave no mess in the bowl.

No need to thank me I'm more than happy to share any and all of my experiences, they may not suit everyone but at least it gives others ideas on how they may achieve similar results.

I'm a big fan of portability. Would a heater inside a (decidedly somewhat chunky) Dynastash-style container be a handy widget? In my head it's pretty much self-contained, with herb storage, dynavap storage/heater compartment, and a swappable battery. It wouldn't be much larger than, say Milaana (or maybe a Zion), but everything is there in the one grab and go container.

Lol bro I believe I was one of the first to suggest induction heating for the dynavap range many years ago. Back then, one of the first things I did was try to put my vapcap M and omni on top of the induction cooker. Sadly, this was not effective lol. The cooker gave me the error indicating that it could not detect a suitable vessel to heat. I think the size and mass of the vapcap is too small for an induction cooker to heat.

I do recall those discussions now that you mention it... If you want to give that same experiment another whirl try putting a ferrous pan, or the ferrous adapter for non-ferrous cookware, on the cooktop first, and then try the DV on top of that. This should avoid the dreaded error code, although a larger heat pattern.

'Have I ever accidentally combusted' this put a smile on my face @herbivore21.
'Yes I have' would be the honest answer.

With weed if you don't tamp the load in the bowl there is the risk of combustion. The clicker gets hotter than the cap and tip and chars the weed nearest it.

Usually I get this char when I'm at the end of a bowl, no ash but still unpleasant tasting given all the terps are well used up by this time.

Just the other day I had a full on incident after the first click, revolting even laden with all the terps, I pea shootered the load out and watched it smouldering on the lawn.
I am so glad I vape, the taste of burnt weed stayed with me for ages afterwards.

I've pushed the hemp and concentrate balls a few times and never had a problem. I am happy to reuse them a couple of times and they are still fine.

I have a SS pad which @Squiby sent me over but I've not been using it. I find it more convenient to scrap a bit of rosin up and wipe it into the hemp before I turn it into a ball.

All the contents stay inside the ball and leave no mess in the bowl.

No need to thank me I'm more than happy to share any and all of my experiences, they may not suit everyone but at least it gives others ideas on how they may achieve similar results.
It seems from what you say that the IH will be better suited to my own purposes than for flower vaping then. I tend to sandwich my loads of concentrate between two cylindrical pieces of SS concentrate pad these days. I find that the heating is more even when I keep the load sandwiched in this way and not pressing up against the tip of the cap. It seems like my method of loading should minimize contact of the load with the clicking mechanism end of the cap which would mitigate the charring that you spoke about. Obviously, for concentrates, overheating is less of a concern anyway.

I'm a big fan of portability. Would a heater inside a (decidedly somewhat chunky) Dynastash-style container be a handy widget? In my head it's pretty much self-contained, with herb storage, dynavap storage/heater compartment, and a swappable battery. It wouldn't be much larger than, say Milaana (or maybe a Zion), but everything is there in the one grab and go container.

I do recall those discussions now that you mention it... If you want to give that same experiment another whirl try putting a ferrous pan, or the ferrous adapter for non-ferrous cookware, on the cooktop first, and then try the DV on top of that. This should avoid the dreaded error code, although a larger heat pattern.
I did try that, but unfortunately found that the transfer of heat from the pan to the cap was not sufficient to get good results for vaporization. We would need something ferrous that more effectively wraps around the business end of the vapcap to get enough surface area contact to heat it up sufficiently. I'm sure such an attachment could be made cheaply, but I do also think that purpose made induction heater solutions such as Pipes' own offering as well as the official DV IH's that are on the way will end up being more practical for minimal additional expense.

I fully agree about your ideas for an IH design that includes a small compartment to store the VC itself and any other supplies required to use and maintain it. Hopefully we'll see something like this in the not too distant future. I'd love something like that for my own purposes and I'm sure many others here will too!

I'd love to see a temperature controlled IH available for the VC in future too, one of my favorite aspects of induction heating is the ability to achieve quite effective and stable temperature control using relatively cheap hardware. To be able to dial in the desired temp for the VC and achieve it reliably in a few seconds would make the VC immediately rise to one of the most compelling vape offerings on the entire market. Whilst the VC's are a very good choice of vaporizer (not to mention incredibly cost efficient) already, I think that a few features could be added to make this a one vape to rule them all proposition. Temp controlled induction heating is one such feature.

A purpose made, self enclosed concentrate capsule (flower capsules might be desirable too, but then flower loading into the VC is very easy just by using the VC as a shovel into a small jar of ground flower or stuffing a whole piece of nug in) that loads into the vapcap that is made of an appropriately inert, blowtorch cleanable and tasty ceramic material would also be a no-brainer. I tend not to use my best concentrates in the VC, because all of the current makeshift solutions for concentrate use sacrifice flavor when compared to a SiC or Sapphire nail.

Tighter temp control and a high quality, bespoke concentrate solution would make the VC a premium concentrate vape that could compete with e-nails that cost 10 times as much IMO. I've got some great ideas for such designs but sadly, what I do not have is the time to dedicate to making them myself.

One more thing I'd love to see on the VC for us concentrate users are caps that click at higher temps (that is, concentrate appropriate temps rather than flower temps). IIRC, George/Dynavap already have the patents, equipment and know-how to make such concentrate caps. If such caps existed, I for one would exclusively use them.

lol this post kind of turned into a DV wishlist didn't it?

I'd especially love to see the abovementioned aerospace ceramic bespoke concentrate capsule for the dynavap range. I think that this would quickly render the VC a better tasting, easier to clean and far more robust solution than all other portable concentrate options. At present, the DV range is already a great option for portable concentrates of course. However, I'd love to see DV usurp the entire pen market and a lot of enails too with a high-end bespoke concentrate accessory - it is such an ideal platform for this IMO.

bespoke concentrate solution
Apparently this is being worked on, a couple months back Dynavap were doing some custom engraved caps and asked what we would like on them, I replied they should put a big C on it for concentrates and make it click at a higher temp. Dynavap obviously listen to their customers.:thumbsup:

Just got my Chinese dental Induction Heater;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dental-Lab-SJK-Wax-Heater-Infrared-Electronic-Sensor-Carving-Equipment-130W-NEW/222815109775?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
s-l64.jpg

It works a treat, sits on stand by (no noise, 2watts of power) until you insert ferrous metal (vapcap) then fan kicks in and vapcap clicks in about 10 seconds (from cold) then it automatically turns fan off and goes into stand by ready to go again with no heat left behind (I stuck my finger straight in to check)
About US$50 delivered from ebay or amazon, worth getting IMHO.

That looks really interesting. I can hang out until DynaVap get theirs released but it is tempting. One to add to my shopping list bookmarks.

Crap that's a let down..
What are my options here..???
Must be able to get one from somewhere...

Depends if you can wait for a free shipping sale from DV? Of course if you follow that path we both know there will be a pack of screens & a bag or two of O rings, maybe some hemp fibre :lol:

Always a great reminder of why we quit combusting isn't it? Combusting just tastes disgusting & this is coming from a pack a day cigarette smoker (time to get on the quit wagon again)

VapCap is the #1 vape I recommend to friends as it is perfect for most of their stealth operations like sneaking a quick bowl before watching a kids movie :dog:. It matters not if you have a M2 or a custom Omni, this shit works & works well. I love my vapes but there is nothing I own that compares to the 2nd heat cycle for thickness of vapour (with flower). My WS is a heavier hitter but that 2nd cycle is so thick.

Everyone needs one in their quiver!

Depends if you can wait for a free shipping sale from DV? Of course if you follow that path we both know there will be a pack of screens & a bag or two of O rings, maybe some hemp fibre :lol:

Im in no rush... its just to make another from spares...

And yeah like you say, i will throw more than an mp in the basket... maybe an omni...
But i dont need it...

Just upgraded my g4 7 fin ti tip woody xls double crown with a ti condensor....
So what would an omni bring apart from adjustable air flow.. which i dont care for...

Just realised i only need a new glass body to make an og vapcap..
And im about to buy another 7 fin g4 from a friend..
And if i get this mp, that will be 3 extra vapcaps to join the family..
With little extra cash...

... maybe an omni...But i dont need it...

giphy.gif

Just upgraded my g4 7 fin ti tip woody xls double crown with a ti condensor....
So what would an omni bring apart from adjustable air flow.. which i dont care for...

Where did you get a Ti condenser from? Not that I need one but I might want 3 or 4. My favourite tip is the OG 7 fig G4 as that also fits my WS perfectly.

Just realised i only need a new glass body to make an og vapcap..
And im about to buy another 7 fin g4 from a friend..
And if i get this mp, that will be 3 extra vapcaps to join the family..
With little extra cash...

That's the spirit. Sell yourself on the value proposition. Besides you can never have too many near indestructible vapes. You know just in case......

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back