Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
The last thing to worry about with a cap is the "digger outer" length. So long as the cap itself comes down the same length as your others I would not worry. Your caps have some nice patina developing @Popi :nod:
Good point. Cosmetic? Maybe?......If you see early shadow release pics from Europe none of the caps have cap # or D in logo crimped in top groove. DV responded today and said it looks lik an odd one slipped through and have started a list for replacements when available. Okay, but zakk at PIU looked through their stock and said almost all theirs r that way. Don't own '18 but realize now those tips seem similar in length to shadow.

If you look at this pic that Dynavap posted on IG you can see the cap is shorter as well.

@Popi I would go ahead and give it a run and see how it performs. If it doesn't work properly, I know puffitup would still replace it. Even if it's been used.

I see it's same as '18 m cap. Don't have one of those so i was expecting something different . DV and PIU are already on it because that's what they do! Didn't use it tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s here and now fully charged! :chill:
8-C67-F77-B-58-CB-4-F1-B-84-BB-4-AE7-E0-E732-CD.jpg

1-BC4-DF91-AAFA-4-BEE-A516-4220-C6-EFC40-E.jpg

Enjoy my friend

IH all day

Enjoy the DV ride also

IH! All Day. Oi-VAy!
Unless you have a WS from Ed, even better than IH, pull on your VC with the cap off, that is the airflow you can enjoy using your VC with a WS.:thumbsup:

I can't say I am a fan of the S/S tip personally. I have three of them but they get no love.

My preference is for my black beauty. Such a nice patina on tip & cap shows how well loved it has been. I could not even count how many 1000's of heat cycles that cap has been through.

View attachment 6186

is that a g4 7fin paired with a g2 cap, just wondering..
I felt i had to keep my tips and caps paired together..???

I am the opposite, I use the same cap for all my Vapcaps, it gives 2 distinct clicks that are very consistent and easy to live with.:thumbsup:

is that a g4 7fin paired with a g2 cap, just wondering..

Yup. It is one of my OOG glassy caps & a G4 7 fin tip. You can mix & match any cap & tip although you may need to reshape the cap to suit each tip best with a little pinch. I have a particular love for that cap with the patina that has developed over the last few years.

Couldn't help myself today....
While looking at parts for my mighty - I gave the stand a miss as I do not really need it but got the glass mp and dosing caps on HTV,
I went and got myself a pressie as I have been buying kids presents all day

I got the new shadow M on the way from HTV in the package :)
It looked too nice and I needed another cap and tip anyway so decided to get the whole M instead

Now I will have my Ti cap/tip and a nice shadow SS cap/tip :)

I now have an Omni XL Ti and a Shadow M is in the mail

Next will be an Eds WS package and the VC that comes with that I think....

Building :)

My at home Dynavaping has settled into using the Nonavong, screen set at 1/2 chamber size, with the IH. Can get some seriously spicy hits. Still prefer the torch for hitting them dry.

Cap-wise I switched my oldest cap on my Ti Omni when that became my daily driver and mostly left them paired apart from that. Last cleaning day I noticed there can be some differences in draw restriction between caps and tried to pair them up with appropriate tips (more open caps on the stems with smaller carbs).

My M shadow arrived today :)

Dirtiest lil fecker going fresh out the tube...lol

I had to clean it so much with the iso qtips to get it cleaned

It looks amazing....really nice finish

It feels great to the touch and on the lips....much nicer than the Ti omni xl

The improvements made marking the carb hole make it so much easier to find without looking, just by feel

It tastes good, a little diff obvs to the Ti

Had to slightly squish the cap so it wasn't too loose

I too ended up putting my omni xl condenser and mp (not spinning but omni) on the shadow body (plus flipping the body for looks)

Flipped the stem on the shadow ti xl.

View attachment 6369

Better this way i think. New cap from PIU. That was quick!

Works much better - just lose the nice feel on the lips

My Ti tip gives much bigger clouds - but I had filed the grooves deeper previously

I filed the shadow tip just a little - not as much as the Ti, but it is an improvement with clouds and thickness- I may file a little more but bit by bit

I like this little addition and now have an Xl shadow :)

My 14 - 18 adapters arrived also as suggested/linked by @LesPlenty and one I broke as soon as I open it dropping on cement
Two are too small for the tips

One is perfect for the tip with normal o-rings
One works fine for the tips with the slightly thicker o-rings also linked by @LesPlenty

They both give great airflow on the bong and nice clouds

It is a great looking VC and I love the feel too

I think my Ti tip is better at thicker clouds but after filing the ss shadow is improved

EDIT:
I also notice that the Ti is timed pretty perfect with the cool down/heat up and clicks....It stops producing vapour and clicks almost perfectly in time
The SS stops making vape well before it clicks - this is the slower cool down of SS but it is annoying in sesh time/smoothness
Ti heat up - vape - click - re heat - repeat
SS heat up - vape - wait - click - re heat - vape - wait - click - repeat
Kills the fluidity of the sesh a bit

I am getting the timing down where I can ignore the click and puff away much like @phattpiggie videos often show

But I think the Ti timing is down pretty perfect and you do not need to risk combust as you can respect the click and keep puffing away nicely

EDIT EDIT:
I think that the caps are different too

The old cap from my omni seems to produce better clouds on either tip
And the shadow cap slightly less dense clouds on either tip....

Are the caps made of the same or different material?

EDIT:
I thought the caps were all the same and just saw george video on caps and yes they are all SS
So I do not know why min react slightly diff

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back