Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
When I first saw that stem my jaw dropped. And I knew I NEEDED it lol... You are one lucky vaporist Squiby. I covet your stem.
Oh, and it's his first abalone stem, so you can imagine that the next ones will be even better, if that's even possible. You must get one. Its so much more beautiful in real life.

I know Abalone is good eating (the divers in Tas that have a license to catch them are all filthy rich) but that is the best use of ab shell I have seen, the shells used to end up as ashtrays :thumbsup:
I had abalone once.

Sometime around 1980, MacLeans magazine published a story on the best authentic dishes to order at a Chinese resaurant. The menu was written in Chinese with English instructions to hand it to your waiter. So, my husband and I went to this small restaurant in China Town. No one spoke English and we couldn't read the menus. We handed them the page from the magazine and they made us a meal that has stuck with me my whole life. It was unusual and awesome. We got black seaweed soup, and a sort of Peking duck, abalone and greens, squid, sticky rice. I remember the distinct texture of the abalone and it's mild taste. I never ever had it again.

I have been going through @phattpiggie thread trying to find a design for a stem for my Tera but keep coming back to your Abalone job...decisions, decisions.:thumbsup:

Lotta abalone in Tassie @LesPlenty. Why not? Phatpiggie makes beautiful stems & that abalone one may be his finest yet. @Squiby you have the jewel in the crown of your collection there. You really need to post a photo of your whole collection :smile:. I suspect it may be the nicest in the world :biggrin:.

I am finding my PP stem is getting quite the workout with my Jarhead.

20190209_161817.jpg

Last edited:
I know Abalone is good eating (the divers in Tas that have a license to catch them are all filthy rich) but that is the best use of ab shell I have seen, the shells used to end up as ashtrays :thumbsup:
Sure is
And many others also...
I love that I CAN torch if needed, but IH is waayy better IMO and IME....
Each to they own as @ataxian says

ROSIN QUART EVO NAIL size of a long grain 11:00 on the dial = CIVIL EXISTENCE during PRE-CIVILAZATION
CALIFORNIA had ABALONE everywhere on the beach when the DREAM was REAL! @LesPlenty
Can you put rosin in a VAPCAP?

ROSIN QUART EVO NAIL size of a long grain 11:00 on the dial = CIVIL EXISTENCE during PRE-CIVILAZATION
CALIFORNIA had ABALONE everywhere on the beach when the DREAM was REAL! @LesPlenty
Yes you can rosin with a VC

Either a bit of hemp fiber or organic cotton to hold your rosin and away you go

Or put a bit of weed in then rosin then cover with a bit of weed

Or DV has just brought out a concentrate coil that is their version of a liquid pad and it looks great too

Last edited:

Yes you can rosin with a VC

Either a bit of hemp finer or organic cotton to hold your rosin and away you go

Or put a bit of weed in then rosin then cover with a bit of weed

Or DV has just brought out a concentrate coil that is their version of a liquid pad and it looks great too

Yes the Dynavap handles rosin rather well. At least IMO. I hope the dynacoil improves efficiency though.

Yes the Dynavap handles rosin rather well. At least IMO. I hope the dynacoil improves efficiency though.

I gave up on using one with rosin. It was so messy, I felt I was wasting rosin, and I got tired of cleaning it so often. Those condensers really get gunky with sticky resin. I did prefer the taste to most pens though.

I haven't tried it in a glass (condenser less) stem yet. That might work pretty well. At least easier to clean.

I gave up on using one with rosin. It was so messy, I felt I was wasting rosin, and I got tired of cleaning it so often. Those condensers really get gunky with sticky resin. I did prefer the taste to most pens though.

I haven't tried it in a glass (condenser less) stem yet. That might work pretty well. At least easier to clean.
Yea, that was my only problem with it too. So I just used a lot less than normal and organic cotton seemed to alleviate some of the waste. I do prefer the taste over all pens I’ve tried but the SAI. @felvapes i need to get on the ultrasonic band wagon myself. This ISO is some work.

Last edited:
Yea, that was my only problem with it too. So I just used a lot less than normal and organic cotton seemed to alleviate some of the waste. I do prefer the taste over all pens I’ve tried but the SAI. @felvapes i need to get on the ultrasonic band wagon myself. This ISO is some work.
I have only just recently gotten mine
I love it, not only the ease of use and time saved but the VC tips come out cleaner than I ever got them and I no longer have to pull the screens out etc
Really impressed, did not realise how much I was not cleaning from the vcs and GH tips
I am an avid cleaner too
The condenser is perfect too

I was just looking at the videos of the live feed
The coil looks like it sits flush with edge of tip
It may not work well with the WS as it leaves no gap for the heater to sit in tip

I'm still considering a coil for down the track with the dv and cap though

Just noticed and thought about with WS

Thank you @Squiby for the kind words, support from the very beginning and beautiful pictures.

I'm really pleased you like the Abalone piece and the new packaging.
I looked into different options and decided the heat seal envelopes were probably the best option to keep any waste to a minimum.

And don't forget from now on I'll have my beady eye on all my customers.
Tins of wax have been reduced in size and come with a sticker of my avatar on.
If you live down under it's just stickers as importing bee products is frowned up for good reason and I given the situation with bee populations it makes sense.

The support and kind of words I receive from this community is fantastic and I hope I can continue to keep upping my stem game.
A big thank you to all of you.

@LesPlenty bit out of context in this thread but an Abalone Tera stem is going to have Eric over at Boundless shitting the bed:rofl:

an Abalone Tera stem is going to have Eric over at Boundless shitting the bed

I'll pass on seeing Eric's reaction ... :shit: :zzz: but I sure would like to see a picture of his new aba!one stem!!!

On another Note...
I watched the live broadcast yesterday just because I enjoy George's videos and I've watched them all. :)

I had no plan or intention of purchasing a Dynacoil because I've been happy using my concentrates with a cut down concentrate pad. Well, never say never!!! George sold me on the Dynacoil!!! I ended up buying a coil/tip combo, 'cause who doesn't need another tip hanging around?

Now I'm excited to try it out!! Can't wait for it to arrive. I received my shipping notice a few minutes ago!!!! :clap::love::clap:

George is a master wizard and salesman. I love the passion and his geekiness resonates with me! I always enjoy learning about the science behind the Dynaverse. :clap:

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back