Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I've never tried or really needed to clean them. I heat and toke until no more Vapor is produced. They almost seem to be self cleaning. I vape tiny amounts of concentrate and that, I think, is the key to avoiding goo buildup. A little dab 'll do ya. :buzz:

All I can say is, wow lol, my experience couldn't be more different. At the end my little experiment with rosin in vap caps, I used dabs about bb size and still everything got gunked up. That's pretty much why I moved on.

On occasion I still use the pads in our mighty, and more recently in our fury 2, and I clean after each load, and I do get a lot of gunk off them. I even clean my enail dish after each load, although its ussually just a q tip wiping it off. My pens get funky too.

All I can say is, wow lol, my experience couldn't be more different. At the end my little experiment with rosin in vap caps, I used dabs about bb size and still everything got gunked up.

Yeah. That's why I think its a volume thing. A BB size is several times larger than my loads. I microdose. For example my dry herb load is about .015 gm per session repeated every couple hours through the day. I have no idea what my concentrate weight might be but it's the tiniest amount. I store shatter in the freezer and then smash it into shards. A tiny shard is a load for me. My condenser does get resinous but not overly so. The pad itself seems to be self cleaning. After vaping concentrate I always lay down my VapCap in a horizontal position.

I've always been sensitive to drugs. My tolerance to everything is low. A cup of coffee makes me spinny high for about an hour. During hospital visits, I always ask them to give me less of whatever than they think I need. So the tiniest bit of concentrate does me nicely.

Last edited:
I don't know what pbw was made
Powdered Brewery Wash...there ya go, that's why it was made!
PBW will rip anodizing off aluminium grinders too, I would like some but it is always expensive here when I see it, 99.9% Iso is about US$20 a gallon here(ebay):thumbsup:

So my DynaCoil should be here tomorrow.
I saw DynaVap posted on Instagram how to use it.

They say to hold the vapcap upright so the concentrate doesn’t melt into the cap.

So I’m thinking with the IH I should maybe invert it instead of sticking it in straight down like normal?

Any thoughts?

I may just have to use a torch lighter while using concentrates. I don’t want my cap all gunked up.

Yeah I would hold it horizontal or upside down first heat up you should be good. I haven’t ruined a cap yet
Cool, so it sounds like after the initial warm up I should be ok to heat as normal.

I’m going to the rec shop after work to look for rosin and some CBD edibles. I’m hoping the CBD rich edibles help my anxiety at work....will be interesting to see.

@momofthegoons honestly I kind of prefer torch with the strips but i think it’s just personal preference. I like torches because I can keep the cap level and rotating so hopefully the oil just keeps catching more perforations on the strip.

When I posted the dab pic on ig the other day I heated vertical for a few seconds then when horizontal so it would melt down into the strip. I think I saw someone load it while warm so it soaked in decently well.

I use tweezers to pull the coil out of the top to clean.

One thing that is worth mentioning, use a clean tip when you wanna use your coil, or the material baked into the bowl crevices can really damage flavor.

Yeah I would hold it horizontal or upside down first heat up you should be good. I haven’t ruined a cap yet

My experience is with the stainless mesh but I think it would work with the new concentrate deal. First I pre heat to get the chamber warm, then the concentrate melts into it. After that a quick heat up going maybe two seconds past where you would stop heating herb, then invert to hit. Basically the same as with herb, only longer.

Where I screwed up is storing the vape in a tube cap down for a long while. Well that and maybe loading too much, and not using it then. I tended to load and store for the next session. Probably not the best method in retrospect. Eventually if there's enough of it, it leaks down into the cap.

OK y’all I got some rosin to try out when my coil arrives tomorrow :cool:

2DA379C2-F09B-43D2-900A-3228BEB32364.jpeg

is it the general consensus that using a torch with the concentrate pad is better than using an IH?
I doubt it, ask @phattpiggie about VC with IH and concentrates. My little homemade IH can be sat on the edge of a table and a VC can be inserted from above or below...or both.:smilie-devil:

I doubt it, ask @phattpiggie about VC with IH and concentrates. My little homemade IH can be sat on the edge of a table and a VC can be inserted from above or below...or both.:smilie-devil:
I guess I should have been clearer. I didn't mean 'pads'... I meant the new concentrate strips. I don't know that @phattpiggie is using those. Perhaps he can chime in...

@LesPlenty is spot on about a home built IH. You can make it easy enough & don't need to bend the coil & have a horizontal coil for concentrates. Cheap & simple for anyone on the fence. Remember @phattpiggie wraps his concentrates in hemp fibre so the concentrate is not fully exposed to the cap. If you invert a coil I could only see issues with the cap.

I started off with strips of SS mesh that I formed into a cylinder
OuspDFrm.jpg
NEBoDfTm.jpg
ffdTgJlm.jpg

This is April 2017 when I tried it out and I only had reclaim but I knew it was going to be too messy for me, I'm one of those people who gets shit everywhere especially when it's sticky.
@Squiby sent me over an S&B pad and the same thing, clarted up straight away.
As @Stevenski says I used hemp but it doesn't taste nice when you push the temps so I've moved on to Muji organic cotton pads.
I buy the 50mm x 60mm, cut them down to 30 x 50 then cut the 50mm side into five equal strips. The pads are quite thick so I peel them in two. They are cheap and cut like this they go a long way.
And here's how I load them, GSC rosin. No mess

Take it out when the bowl is still warm and if there is any left you can feel a difference in the texture.
The concentrate clumps in the cotton, it's not sticky and when the vapor runs out the cotton is dry and no clump.
There's a slight brown tinge to the cotton when it's been used, more so with rosin where it touches the pad. As if there is fine plant material in it, this has happened no matter where the rosin came from.
This is shatter leftovers. The concentrate stays inside the cotton and never gets the chance to run all over the place. The cotton can be darker in colour and I've reused pieces 3-4 times over.
20181208-210640.jpg

Shatter bowl probably the same amount as in the rosin video. I'll get the new coil and give it a whirl.

Last edited:
The Tip and coil arrived. I’m trying it out right now. :chill:
82CE9FFA-2E10-4350-8946-42C4DBA265D8.jpeg

This Strawberry Chem is tasty. Since I’m a noob I just took a very small piece and put it right on top of the coil pressing down lightly

Then I heated with the torch lighter. When I remove the cap the concentrate had completely melted into the coil.

I’ve got quite a few hits off such a small piece...still working on it :razz2:

It’s starting to hit me already, feeling super high. I don’t think I’ll need more :whoa:

They say to hold the vapcap upright so the concentrate doesn’t melt into the cap.

So I’m thinking with the IH I should maybe invert it instead of sticking it in straight down like normal?

Any thoughts?
You might want to check out the live stream that george premiered it. I had faith that a lot of bean was put into how any concentrate might adhere to the Dynacoil. In the stream, he had a demo with honey and it seemed to behave in the side position. It seemed to behave. You might still want to think about gravity. But it may very well behave upside down, if most of the heat is in the cap. Optimistically speaking anyway. But IDK. Having an SS or Ti tip might be a variable too.

I started off with strips of SS mesh that I formed into a cylinder
You just gave me an idea. :idea: I will KIM when I use my vape tincture. TX

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back