Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
SS is not magnetic?
I need to google.
I found this:

There are several families of stainless steels with different physical properties. A basic stainless steel has a 'ferritic' structure and is magnetic. These are formed from the addition of chromium and can be hardened through the addition of carbon (making them 'martensitic') and are often used in cutlery. However, the most common stainless steels are 'austenitic' - these have a higher chromium content and nickel is also added. It is the nickel which modifies the physical structure of the steel and makes it non-magnetic.

So the answer is yes, the magnetic properties of stainless steel are very dependent on the elements added into the alloy, and specifically the addition of nickel can change the structure from magnetic to non-magnetic.

SS is not magnetic?
I need to google.

There are several Vapcap holders that rely on a magnet. The Dynastash, the Launch Pad and the Vapcap Pouch are a few of them. If you bring a magnet to the top of the cap you will notice it easily sticks to the magnet. The sides of the cap not so much. This is because the two bimetal clickers contained inside the cap are attracted to magnets.

I really don’t use concentrates so what do you guys suggest?
I have access to med and rec so I’m sure there are many options.

I’ve used hash and keif before and tried wax on top of a bowl.

@Squiby yours shipped already?
No email for me yet

For a while I used a reshaped S and B concentrate mesh pad. I just smeared rosin on it.

From what I learned, you may want to keep the tip up for storing. I ruined a cap when rosin melted into it. It stopped clicking and I couldn't clean it out, even after torching it red hot.

It might help to keep the amounts small. And check your condenser more often. Don't wait until it sounds like a slurpy, lol. A condenser less glass stem would make life easier.

I did enjoy the taste quite a bit, but the cleaning wore on me. Plus I have a nice enail.

FYI they’ve extended the sale to February 18

For a while I used a reshaped S and B concentrate mesh pad. I just smeared rosin on it.

From what I learned, you may want to keep the tip up for storing. I ruined a cap when rosin melted into it. It stopped clicking and I couldn't clean it out, even after torching it red hot.

It might help to keep the amounts small. And check your condenser more often. Don't wait until it sounds like a slurpy, lol. A condenser less glass stem would make life easier.

I did enjoy the taste quite a bit, but the cleaning wore on me. Plus I have a nice enail.

Thanks for the suggestion. I only have 1 cap so don’t want to fuck it up! lol

I figure I’ll just keep this tip and coil matched and then I have my other Ti tip and original SS tip.
I haven’t used it dry since getting the 18 mm water pipe adapters. :science:

Excited to try out some concentrates though... that’s a whole other world for me :razz2:

FYI they’ve extended the sale to February 18

Thanks for the suggestion. I only have 1 cap so don’t want to fuck it up! lol

I figure I’ll just keep this tip and coil matched and then I have my other Ti tip and original SS tip.
I haven’t used it dry since getting the 18 mm water pipe adapters. :science:

Excited to try out some concentrates though... that’s a whole other world for me :razz2:

You'll have to post your impressions of it. It doesn't look like its a mesh inside, and I think I read it's made from ti. Have they said how to keep it clean?

The stainless pads cleaned up real well with pbw, but pbw doesnt do well with ti or al. It actually etches it, no problem with glass or stainless though.

I think volume is the key.

I've been using concentrate pads with no gooey stickiness or cap issues. Others have. The difference, I think, is the volume you load. I microdose and just vape the concentrate until no more vapor is prpduced. If it spans over a few sessions then I store the Vapcap in a horizontal position until the next session. The concentrate stays within the pad until it's spent and is no more.

I think that the dynacoil will operate in much the same fashion; the concentrate will melt into the coils preferations. Load too much and you'll get some gooeyness happening. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Iso works well with Ti.:thumbsup:

It is a strip of Ti that looks like a saw blade before being coiled.

ISO does work, at least for a while, then the mesh pads eventually discolor and the taste gets not as good. Pbw will makes those pads spotless.

I'm hoping/thinking dynavap pads will be better. For sure their much more expensive. Not that makes a difference, but they did spend a lot of time developing this system.

I think volume is the key.

I've been using concentrate pads with no gooey stickiness or cap issues. Others have. The difference, I think, is the volume you load. I microdose and just vape the concentrate until no more vapor is prpduced. If it spans over a few sessions then I store the Vapcap in a horizontal position until the next session. The concentrate stays within the pad until it's spent and is no more.

I think that the dynacoil will operate in much the same fashion; the concentrate will melt into the coils preferations. Load too much and you'll get some gooeyness happening. I guess we'll see soon enough.

I believe your advice on the amounts is spot on. In a way their pretty much like pens, loading too much is wastefull and messy.

ISO does work, at least for a while, then the mesh pads eventually discolor and the taste gets not as good
OK, I use mine in conjunction with an ultrasonic cleaner, that probably helps a lot.:thumbsup:
I am a little bit wary about using PBW on anything but glass and S/S (what it was made for?)
If you own a VapCap you should do yourself a favor and get an ultrasonic cleaner and a plastic test tube to fill with Iso, then run it through the cleaner, good as new.:myday:

The Dynavap doob tubes work great and they use such a small amount of cleaner. Very handy and economical for cleaning.

How do you clean the concentrate pads you use? I noticed after some cleanings the stainless steel pads take on a amber color, and never got clean clean again, until I used pbw.

@LesPlenty I don't know what pbw was made for but it is used in beer making to keep lines clean. That's where I first used it. Then i ordered some recently to clean a fritted screen water pipe that resisted the normal cleaning methods. It's basically high ph water, and is sometimes called slippery water. I bet it would work good in your ultra sonic cleaner too.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back