Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Nope I think they want to make sure it's going to be a solid build before it gets released.
Far too many companies beta testing products on the general public and then getting bad reports from failed units.
I'm glad George and the DV aren't taking that route.

I'm glad George and the DV aren't taking that route.

You & me both bud. You have one first impression with a product so make it count.

alog1g.jpg

so after a morning vapcap and a cup of coffee I headed to the beach. Holy crap that was cool.!
RESPECT THE VORTEX !!! Which direction do these spin in the southern hemisphere @LesPlenty ?
Coriolis effect applies to weather as well as the direction water spins down a drain I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice day at the beach then, weather looks the same here, doom and gloom, nothing a quick Vapcap can`t fix! I haven`t had too many close encounters with water spouts to notice the direction of spin.:thumbsup:

I tried keef again, sandwiched between hemp fiber. It didn't hit that hard, maybe 3 hits. Not that much better than flower alone. Using a lot of keef wasn't much better than just a small amount, even though I didn't clog it?
i made it by grinding a bunch of weed, freezing it with the coin thing in the middle ground material chamber, then shaking it

getting better results with herb, sucking HARD. maybe that'd work well with keef, was sipping more casually

Try a full cap with 1/3 bud, 1/3 kief & 1/3 bud @asdf420. If you don't get significantly improved results I don't know what to tell you? The quality of kief you are producing will be low & full of plant matter with the coin in the grinder trick. Better to let it organically accumulate.

I tried keef again, sandwiched between hemp fiber. It didn't hit that hard, maybe 3 hits. Not that much better than flower alone. Using a lot of keef wasn't much better than just a small amount, even though I didn't clog it?
i made it by grinding a bunch of weed, freezing it with the coin thing in the middle ground material chamber, then shaking it

getting better results with herb, sucking HARD. maybe that'd work well with keef, was sipping more casually

Try a full cap with 1/3 bud, 1/3 kief & 1/3 bud @asdf420. If you don't get significantly improved results I don't know what to tell you? The quality of kief you are producing will be low & full of plant matter with the coin in the grinder trick. Better to let it organically accumulate.

As above.....I was going to suggest the weed/hash sandwich - works great.....nice taste, clouds, hit and sesh length....

I also received my diamond file set today and used to make the divets in the vapcap tip a bit larger
nice, less draw resistance and actually bigger taste and clouds
May do a little more later

A cool mod though I feel it needed

Last edited:
@Popi, have not seen these in a while, back when I worked in the Bahamas, during these months we would easily see a few of these a week, sometimes two of them next to each other, to have a VC at hand on the beach then.. this looks like the carib somewhere.
The last time we were here on St George Island fl. three waterspouts danced offshore for 20 minutes , then one came over the house stirring up some sand but causing no damage. Hopefully the bad stuff stays away for the next couple of weeks.

I also received my diamond file set today
The Leatherman multi tool has a great file for that job too, every man/woman should own at least one Leatherman, I got my wife one for her birthday once, she even pretended to like it.:thumbsup:

The Leatherman multi tool has a great file for that job too, every man/woman should own at least one Leatherman, I got my wife one for her birthday once, she even pretended to like it.:thumbsup:

You got a spare that your wife can carry in her purse? :idea:

I really like your WPA, rephrase,,, I really like your whole setup!

So I changed my relays to no avail....same issues
It still heats but will not cycle on and off
Just constant green light
I do think it maybe has stopped heating if nothing is in it though.....
It used to heat up a lot quicker before if left on and nothing in the top hat
So I kind of fixed something but not the whole unit
They gave me a refund anyway so it is all good

My PSM is ready now so I can try it once it arrives....

As requested Here are pics and tute ish - I am slugged up atm...

Once you have removed the two broken relays via heating the old solder and sucking it up ( I found a flat tool to help push the stubborn "feet" of the relays out helps)
Simply slide the new feet into the holes where the old ones were and then re-solder the "feet" to keep the relays in place and make the connections

Be careful not to scratch the metal "paths" on the circuit board underneath as these are the connections in the curcuit
Also be careful to not use too much solder or to overlap the connections and short it out

Here is the underside of circuit board....heat and remove the solder from the 6 "feet" on both relays...you can tell which ones by checking where the relay is on the other side

The relay has 2 feet at one end and then 4 on the other end

20180912_221538.jpg

The realys are the darker yellow or orange boxes near the big black capacitor

Also here you can see where I unhooked the fan power cord to make it silent
20180912_221453.jpg

Here you can see the fan plugged in so you can tell which one to take out
20180912_221340.jpg

Here is the unit with top open

20180912_221328.jpg

Here is a picture of one of the replacement relays
20180912_224317.jpg

Any questions feel free to ask

As I said I half fixed my SJK and it is def silent now as I did not hook the fan back up
But it is not cycling through the lights and cut out switch anymore

I hope this helps someone and is descriptive enough for everyone whilst I am floating on the rosin wave

It would have been better if I paint edited the pics to circle the solders on the relays...but it is not too hard to work out...
:smug::peace:

Last edited:
I loved the way I could wrap a bit of concentrate in hemp fibre but it had a taste to it especially if it was reused a couple of times.
So I got some Japanese organic cotton pads. Same 'no mess' convenience with no added flavour.
Even after 4 or 5 reuses it's still fine.
Blue Dream shatter.
20180916_204649.jpg

I loved the way I could wrap a bit of concentrate in hemp fibre but it had a taste to it especially if it was reused a couple of times.
So I got some Japanese organic cotton pads. Same 'no mess' convenience with no added flavour.
Even after 4 or 5 reuses it's still fine.
That's some nice looking shatter. :thumbsup:

I've always used organic cotton for vaping concentrates in the vapcap (or log vape stems). Never tried the hemp fibre and thought I might be missing out on something lol. Glad to find out I was on the right course with the cotton. :biggrin:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back