Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
The article says the bad stuff comes from heating coils and e-cig liquids. Neither are present in vapcaps. And we don't heat vapcaps to 'red hot' temps.

Understood. 'Red hot' may be a bit of an exaggeration. The coils are made from metal and when metal is heated, i would think that something is released into the environment. Is there a metal that's free of mercury? Copper, zinc, aluminum all release toxins when heated.

Again, I'm just thinking out loud.

Understood. 'Red hot' may be a bit of an exaggeration. The coils are made from metal and when metal is heated, i would think that something is released into the environment. Is there a metal that's free of mercury? Copper, zinc, aluminum all release toxins when heated.

Again, I'm just thinking out loud.
Dunno scientifically
But pretty sure Ti is safe

I mean we smoked out of brass cones for years
I'm happy to vape out of Ti that doesn't reach the same temp

Any vape we use had some metal in the path somewhere?

Last edited:
Your Vapcap is not an e-cigarette and the lowest grade metal used in its construction is medical grade stainless steel...you are worrying for no reason other than being bent...enjoy your M and try to stop looking for demons where they aren't. Maybe lay off the Sativa and vape some Indica.:thumbsup:

@LesPlenty :biggrin:

I also prefer ss tips. That is, SHADOW ss tips as i have no experience with the original ss tips. I reached out to dynavap to see if they'd sell me more shadow tips. They said no.
I just finished experimenting with my ti tip. I wanted to see if I could notice why it's preferred.. While it heats quicker especially from a cold start, I think maybe it would be my preference if I was torch based exclusively, but i never use a torch. But overall after a few days I found the shadow tip suits me best. Even with my WS. Shadow wins

Edit*
Don't care much for your shadow tips? Pm me :nod:

@LesPlenty :biggrin:

I also prefer ss tips. That is, SHADOW ss tips as i have no experience with the original ss tips. I reached out to dynavap to see if they'd sell me more shadow tips. They said no.
I just finished experimenting with my ti tip. I wanted to see if I could notice why it's preferred.. While it heats quicker especially from a cold start, I think maybe it would be my preference if I was torch based exclusively, but i never use a torch. But overall after a few days I found the shadow tip suits me best. Even with my WS. Shadow wins
I alternate between my shadow and ti on the WS
My mind changes per sesh almost which I prefer...lol

current shadow tip fits my WS tighter/firmer than the ti why it makes it easier to enjoy with WS
I found the ss got too tight on my WS as it heated up, that is why I chased 3x extra gen4 Ti tips as the olde gen fit the ws better, Ed has not changed his heater to suit the new tips. In the end, I only have 1 tip that fits great on my ws and that was the last gen4 tip Ed had (I ordered an extra tip at the time of purchase and received the gen4 and current wobbly Ti tips)
The extra 3 gen4 tips were a loose fit so that is why I have 8-10 dynavap tips. looking for a decent fit...I gave up and just put up with one loose ws

I found the ss got too tight on my WS as it heated up, that is why I chased 3x extra gen4 Ti tips as the olde gen fit the ws better, Ed has not changed his heater to suit the new tips. In the end, I only have 1 tip that fits great on my ws and that was the last gen4 tip Ed had (I ordered an extra tip at the time of purchase and received the gen4 and current wobbly Ti tips)
The extra 3 gen4 tips were a loose fit so that is why I have 8-10 dynavap tips. looking for a decent fit...I gave up and just put up with one loose ws
My shadow is perfect size
Snug but doesn't stick at all
My Two Tis fit nicely but are a bit looser and not as snug

Gotta show off the two newest Dynavap Ti tips I got.... :tongue:

IMG_5574.JPG

Wow, that blackwood/ab looks delish.:love:

https://vaporasylum.com/threads/michigan-mmj.142/page-27#post-35400

This is a quote from an article posted in the above thread.

Research Finds Heavy Metals in E-Cigarettes
The advisory noted that a Johns Hopkins University study released last year found that lead and other toxic metals including chromium, manganese, and nickel had been detected in the vapors produced by some e-cigarette devices. Rich Able, a medical device marketing consultant, told Forbes that “the metals detected in this study have been associated with multiple adverse health effects under chronic conditions of exposure. Neurotoxins such as lead are linked to increased risk of cardiovascular and kidney disease. The other metals listed are even more nefarious to human organs.”

I am not trying to start an argument or say that Dynavap products are unsafe, I'm looking for a little reassurance.
My experience with VapCaps is limited to using an 'M' (that was gifted to me by an amazing person) twice before I lost it. While using the 'M' I had these thoughts about what I'm inhaling. When metal is heated there may be heavy metals or other toxins released in the vapor. Especially, if the metal is heated to 'red hot' temps.
There have been other reports of lead and other toxic metals in coils as well.
I was unable to fully enjoy using this vape because my 'crazy' kicked in while vaping.

Thoughts? could @Dynavap chime in?

Greetings,

It's been a while since I've posted here, but thought a few thoughts on this subject might help.

When a VapCap is used correctly, no part of it is heated to a glowing hot condition. In addition to this, if heated incorrectly where a small area of the cap (especially when using a single torch) is heated a bit more than desirable, it cools below this temperature almost immediately. Most important is how the device is used. Unlike some of the other vaporizers out there which can also use a flame as a heat source, VapCaps aren't used while heating. This prevents not only the combustion byproducts of your heat source from entering the vapor path, but also prevents any air flowing past any metal parts which may be hotter than desirable.
Also, in regards to stainless steel. There should be no lead in the alloy, and the typical operational temperatures of our devices are about the same as stainless steel cookware when frying food, so unless you have an allergy to stainless steel (as some people do) it is very unlikely you will encounter any issues.
Last regarding the toxic metals found in e-cigarettes, I think there are 2 factors worth noting.

#1 most important difference between DynaVap products and e-cigarettes. E-cigs use a coil and a wick. Many of the coils do heat to glowing temperatures, and have air passing directly over them while at this temperature, so if any metal were to fume off, it could be picked up and enter the vapor stream.
#2 If you have sensitive enough test equipment, it is possible to detect many of these "toxic metals" in the air we breathe everyday, especially if you live or work in a city. Furthermore, if you look into the trades that typically do work with stainless steel at these temperatures such as welders and fabricators, toxicity is not a large scale problem.

In summary, nothing is safe and we will all die eventually. Let's do our best to help each other make the most of the time we have here.

Cheers,

George

I was more concerned about the aluminium in my mighty than anything in my DVs
And I still use it
I think these (dynavaps) are as "safe" as it gets with consuming

Even lighting a joint usually involves inhaling some butane or sulfur before hemp wicks etc

Vaping is so much healthier and I reckon vcs are one of the cleanest ways

Unless had a glass heater and path....
This is it
Just pick your choice of "risk" -. SS or Ti

Last edited:
First off....
Thank you @Dynavap for taking the time to come on and address these concerns. :thumbsup:

I was more concerned about the aluminium in my mighty than anything in my DVs
And I still use it
I think these are as "safe" as it gets with consuming
I think George made a good point with SS in that the Vapcap does not get as hot as the cookware we use. And the same could be said about the aluminum in the Mighty capsules. And we consider both of these metals food safe.

Unless had a glass heater and path....
You would have loved the OG Dynavap. I still pull mine out every now and then. All glass (except for the screen and cap) and the flavor is insane in comparison. The only problem with them is the breakage factor. Would love to see Dynavap revisit them some day.

And the same could be said about the aluminum in the Mighty capsules
It is the aluminium oven of the Mighty that I am not too keen on or the capsules TBH, but both are convenient.

What would be even more convenient would be a nice company manufactured IH for the Vapcap that does not cost the earth.:naughty2:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back