Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Think I might get the new Omni. Try out the new tip.
You might want to try it first.
I found mine only worked well with a captive cap (I detest the captive caps) and I got scorching when using standard caps. The BIG difference is that on the older Ti tips the air channels help direct air into the bowl as they run UP the bowl. The new 2021 Ti tips channels go AROUND the bowl instead and tend to block air flow unless the rattly captive cap is used. I sold my 2021 Omni to a friend a week after purchase and have no regrets, my 2018 Omni just can't be beaten imo. YMMV.

taking some time to adjust with new tip and cap onto the new work desk.

photo_2021-07-26_08-56-37.jpg

So, I have used a DDave water wand with a Ti tip for... few years maybe. Put it on a Chinese FC-188 and Robert's your Mother's Brother.

Well, until it broke trying to remove the tip to clean it (prior, I would just dump the whole thing in ISO but noooooo, this time I had to try to take the tip off.

Dave is phasing out glass wands in favor of Ti for the obvious reasons of a lot of breakage and the difficulty in making the I.D. of the tube perfectly dimensioned for the tip. That's why he includes diff o-rings as the glass dimensions just vary too much.

So, I got this from him....and love it a lot

1628184229289.png

There are two aspects of it that I personally think need to be improved. One, it needs to be like an inch longer to ensure you don't brush the hot tip with your fingers when inserting/removing it from the WP. Two, the 14mm joint appears to be a 14/19 vice a 14/21 (or vice a versa) and drops down very deep into a 14 mm joint. Too deep for some hand made joints on, for example, some dab rigs. It fits ok on my FC-188, but I would like to see the joint be at the shallower angle so it doesn't drop in so far.

Cheers

It's funny @Baron23 as my preference would be to halve the shaft length & add a piece of silicone tubing. That way it can remain tiny & be grabbed when hot. They do look nice & solid.

So, I have used a DDave water wand with a Ti tip for... few years maybe. Put it on a Chinese FC-188 and Robert's your Mother's Brother.

Well, until it broke trying to remove the tip to clean it (prior, I would just dump the whole thing in ISO but noooooo, this time I had to try to take the tip off.

Dave is phasing out glass wands in favor of Ti for the obvious reasons of a lot of breakage and the difficulty in making the I.D. of the tube perfectly dimensioned for the tip. That's why he includes diff o-rings as the glass dimensions just vary too much.

So, I got this from him....and love it a lot

View attachment 29282

There are two aspects of it that I personally think need to be improved. One, it needs to be like an inch longer to ensure you don't brush the hot tip with your fingers when inserting/removing it from the WP. Two, the 14mm joint appears to be a 14/19 vice a 14/21 (or vice a versa) and drops down very deep into a 14 mm joint. Too deep for some hand made joints on, for example, some dab rigs. It fits ok on my FC-188, but I would like to see the joint be at the shallower angle so it doesn't drop in so far.

Cheers
I agree that his stuff drops too deep in the joints but when i mentioned it to him one time he was really offended and reacted in an unexpected irrational way. I realize he did it to allow them to fit in a dynastash but his reaction cooled me to any further purchases from ddave.

I agree that his stuff drops too deep in the joints but when i mentioned it to him one time he was really offended and reacted in an unexpected irrational way. I realize he did it to allow them to fit in a dynastash but his reaction cooled me to any further purchases from ddave.
Surprising.. always found him to be a very nice, very reasonable man.. iv bought from him for years... i modified his glass stems with a carb hole... i love my @ddave vapcap glass stems.. i put alot of goo through it, nice an easy to get much good reclaim that gets pulled through..
I may have to get some spares if he not doing glass anymore...

I just gotta drop by and share the new gear that has recently landed from @Aezhenn and @phattpiggie

https://vgoodiez.com/collections/phattpiggies-wood-shed

We are also still running 20% The Wand by Ispire for our summer sales. Use code VGEZSUMMER20 and grab one of the most interesting induction heaters in the game that happens to be pretty fun for dabs!

https://vgoodiez.com/collections/ispire/products/the-wand-by-ispire

Holler with questions and thanks for your support!

After many years and many many clicks, i think i finally killed a cap....
It does a cool down click.. but no heat up click...
Funny thing is im still using it, i just know when to stop, been doing it so long its just programmed.. i have not combusted yet... getting it bang on every time..
But time to buy a new cap..

Surprising.. always found him to be a very nice, very reasonable man.. iv bought from him for years... i modified his glass stems with a carb hole... i love my @ddave vapcap glass stems.. i put alot of goo through it, nice an easy to get much good reclaim that gets pulled through..
I may have to get some spares if he not doing glass anymore...
I too have found Dave to be very reasonable and approachable but I really haven't had that much comm with the guy.

He also told me that the dimensions were to fit a Dynastash. I have no fucks to give about a Dynastash and its not a consideration in my universe.

IMO, he needs two models....one for the Dynastash with the limits it imposes and one that is longer and has a 14/21 joint for normal people (hahaha).

Cheers

More into metal than wood for my DV stems.

This one by Joe King has become my hands down favorite.

The bigger diameter vs a DV is easier to roll when using a torch.
The large carb hole works very well & along with the O ring after a little use makes it easy for your fingers to find their way around.

I've a very close friend who is blind. Watching him use this stem or a new M for that matter u couldn't or would not know he was blind.

Great stem for older fingers.
20210817_130205.jpg

After many years and many many clicks, i think i finally killed a cap....
It does a cool down click.. but no heat up click...
Funny thing is im still using it, i just know when to stop, been doing it so long its just programmed.. i have not combusted yet... getting it bang on every time..
But time to buy a new cap..
When MARIJUANA had the seed’s taken out by pulling the male plant’s so the female plant’s of CANNABIS would not be pregnant to fully benefit the consumption of the necessary drugs it contain’s?
The EVO is the electric car of vaping !
The M is great for harvest of the top’s of fruit’s grown.
CANNABIS has been consumed before the ice covered this blue dot bipedal dweller’s party !

Last edited:
Messing about with a different for me tip.

Tip in first pic & the tip on the left in second comes on the new Vong. Despite claims otherwise the old style for what ever reason, gives me noticeably better tasting vapor. This being regardless of stem used.
The new Vong tip doesn't fit well on my WS
Vong tip is certainly nice to look at. Both tips heat to click a tad past 13 seconds using the Wand.

Think I'll just stick with Ti 5 fin tip.

Any one else have thoughts to share regarding DV's two new Titanium
tips ?

20210919_182900.jpg
20210919_183925.jpg

Last edited:
I have found the original 7 fin G4 tips to be the best all round performer for me. There may be a functional bias in there as they fit the WS better than my later batch tips.

Didn't know Dynavap had a new design for the Ti tip. Kinda hard to get excited about it :tinfoil:

OK, the new tips only use two O rings. The O rings on this new tip have the same inside diameter but smaller outside diameter. Not bigger ... I misspoke prior.

Maybe the wrong ones ?

Last edited:
where you been, under a rock? i just picked up the new Ti not long ago, so far so good, use the 7th gen for out and about, been using 21 Ti it open lately, A La Convection style with the Alpha, works amazing well!
View attachment 30256
i've avoided looking at anything underdog related - those were the first logs that registered on my radar, i think they are really really pretty. slick. but they dont send to the EU poor me & dogs. so this one got sneaked into the dynavap thread. beautiful piece. and that stem is just gorgeous of course. PP right? sigh.

i've avoided looking at anything underdog related - those were the first logs that registered on my radar, i think they are really really pretty. slick. but they dont send to the EU poor me & dogs. so this one got sneaked into the dynavap thread. beautiful piece. and that stem is just gorgeous of course. PP right
Naturally PP lol. Shit maybe u can work out deal with UD? Ask him.:cheers:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back