Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued Ghost MV-1

Vapes no longer in production
Yes to both of your comments

These are the exact reasons I do not own one
I have looked at them for a long time
But others reports have turned me off

This is a really nice price though ATM

I'm still on the fence though due to issues I've read about

Plus I think free shipping would be good for us internationals on such a high price unit

I expect this sale is to make room for a new model. The lastest issue has been doors wearing out in a couple months.

A different design seems in order. But what do they do with the old ones? Especially after warranty.

It will be interesting how they handle these issues. I hope they have deep pockets.

Yes to both of your comments

These are the exact reasons I do not own one
I have looked at them for a long time
But others reports have turned me off

This is a really nice price though ATM

I'm still on the fence though due to issues I've read about

Plus I think free shipping would be good for us internationals on such a high price unit
Da girl’s from FRANCE R kine fine?
CALIFORNIA DUDE seek da FRENCH FEMALE’s out!
Let them wine WINE while @COLAS R for lover’s!

35% off, hopefully, that means the V2 will release soon, maybe with a door latch that will actually last more than a couple of months, only AU$356, closer to $500 once you get the needed accessories, extra battery, charger, extra crucibles, dipenser etc.

35% off, hopefully, that means the V2 will release soon, maybe with a door latch that will actually last more than a couple of months, only AU$356, closer to $500 once you get the needed accessories, extra battery, charger, extra crucibles, dipenser etc.
Crucible dispenser comes with crucibles no need for more
Fast charger was too much and no battery I could see on site

356 AUD with a crucible dispenser and the five crucibles posted
It's nearly$200 off
Good price but should give us free shipping
Would make it more enticing for buying the charger etc

I am leaning towards waiting for the V2 Esp without free shipping

Too many problems for us so far away, all good if you get a turn around with fixes in a few days if you live in the US, time and cost would both get old pretty quick for us, on the other hand, life is short so why not get one now!

Crucible dispenser comes with crucibles no need for more
Now I just don't believe you wrote that, c'mon, at least 10 are needed, especially when you see how they degrade under heavy use, don't want to to be hit with that shipping charge every 6-12 months.

Too many problems for us so far away, all good if you get a turn around with fixes in a few days if you live in the US, time and cost would both get old pretty quick for us, on the other hand, life is short so why not get one now!

Now I just don't believe you wrote that, c'mon, at least 10 are needed, especially when you see how they degrade under heavy use, don't want to to be hit with that shipping charge every 6-12 months.
I haven't seen them degrade as I haven't got one
My mighty caps haven't changed integrity yet

It's a good discount, but I'm not biting atm

My mighty caps haven't changed integrity yet
I have had to turf quite a few, they come out of my ultrasonic cleaner with pieces missing between the holes.
The Ghost caps are ceramic and just crack and break up after a lot of use.

I have had to turf quite a few, they come out of my ultrasonic cleaner with pieces missing between the holes.
The Ghost caps are ceramic and just crack and break up after a lot of use.
I've rarely had to clean them at all
But they are all still perfectly in tact so far
And I use my mighty daily unlike you

Ceramic shouldn't crack
Design fault if they are for people who own a ghost

I've rarely had to clean them at all
If I don' clean mine very regularly they gum up to the point that they stain the oven, my extra sticky bud maybe?r
Anyhow, Ghost caps;
1567001181954.png

Different owner;
1567001224017.png

If I don' clean mine very regularly they gum up to the point that they stain the oven, my extra sticky bud maybe?r
Anyhow, Ghost caps;
View attachment 12539
Different owner;
View attachment 12540

Have you checked out the firewood 6? It's a convection vape a dude (Marc) builds in his garage. I'm on the waiting to purchase list (no $) and they should be available any day now.

Might be a good option while waiting on a MV1-V2

Might be a good option while waiting on a MV1-V2
I am in no hurry as my vape money is getting the squeeze lately(concentrate gear on order and being researched.

Snoop Dog has competition!

Anyhow, Ghost caps;
View attachment 12539
Different owner;
View attachment 12540
I rosin with my mighty too
The mp/cu will get sticky quickly
Not the caps

Rosin is stickier than your buds methinks

My hash oil got the caps stickier though - but thAt was before I started winterising
Now the oil is clean so may be like rosin

Anyhow
Again
Design fault if crucibles are cracking, ceramic should take heat fine - why they use it on spark plugs
Or the lsv heater...

Must be a popular lounge, the two different pics/owners have the same surface to take a pic on.....lol

Last edited:
I almost bit at that sale price but I’ve seen far too many reactions from people unhappy with theirs. Whether it’s the door latch problem or unexpected lapses in the vaporizer’s performance, cracked crucibles or just testimonials from users on how tempestuous the device is, I’m going to wait and see what they do with the MV2. Honestly I don’t think I’ve seen this many complaints about a vape since the Grasshopper, although Ghost’s customer service is clearly far superior.

the two different pics/owners have the same surface to take a pic on.....lol
That was probably my fuck up, just saw different posts and mixed up...like me, peanut butter and kief sandwiches in the Mighty caps(I use chamber screens in the caps with this too) but at 500f, concentrate mode on the Tera as I have so much rosin to get through I have been experimenting.
I don't know how that sort of load would go in the Ghost as the Tera uses a bit more conduction(especially with the caps)
I still love the taste of herb vaping and find I still want the Ghost purely due to the favorable flavour comments...just those niggly problems though.

I almost bit at that sale price but I’ve seen far too many reactions from people unhappy with theirs. Whether it’s the door latch problem or unexpected lapses in the vaporizer’s performance, cracked crucibles or just testimonials from users on how tempestuous the device is, I’m going to wait and see what they do with the MV2. Honestly I don’t think I’ve seen this many complaints about a vape since the Grasshopper, although Ghost’s customer service is clearly far superior.
I already have a hopper
I don't need another vape that is with the company more than myself due to warranty claims
Love my working one though....

The price wooed me a little bit but as you mentioned too many reports of issues

I'll keep watching and when a V2 comes out I will watch that for a while too

I found the tera was not very good at trates and the mighty beat it easily
It didn't finish the rosin and the caps would be sticky and low vapour production

In mighty get full clouds and extraction and the rosin is gone from caps so not gummed up as badly

Last edited:
tera was not very good at trates
That hasn't changed! (I must admit I may have overfilled it as I could hardly get any air through the load, experimenting.)
The Ghost also needs a lot off cleaning compared to most vapes, I think that maybe one of the main reasons for peoples faults, very tight tolerances for all the different parts must be kept spotless for it to shine, from what I read.

I also don’t love that it requires capsules. It’s a pain to fill up dosing capsules for my vapes that use them, and i don’t want a vape that can’t work without them.

I also don’t love that it requires capsules. It’s a pain to fill up dosing capsules for my vapes that use them, and i don’t want a vape that can’t work without them.
I actually like my caps in the mighty
The convenience is great to me to have a set of caps ready to roll
And easy loading when out and about
This wasn't the issue for me with the ghost

I don't like caps that don't work in vapes

I don’t have a Mighty, but I have a Fury 2 with dosing capsules and a dosing cap stem for my 510 vapes. They have some level of convenience, but I find cartridges to be far more convenient and discreet. I’m hoping the Firewood 6 offers a portable experience for flower that rivals carts.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back