Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
My initial thoughts are really positive.

I charged the Fury 2 up last night, did an initial off gas and the fired it up. Had two really nice sessions and then put it through water. I was pleasantly surprised at how well and easily it milked my bubbler. And I was using a larger one; my M & M Tech lattice piece. Used it again at bedtime...

Today I've used it another 4 times.. so the battery life is pretty good; at least when new. Time will tell on that. I also wonder how the silicone gasket holding the screen will hold up over time.

However, I'm suitably impressed. It's a great size and feels good in the hand. Has a nice, wide mouthpiece with great air flow; rather than the 'straw' type mouthpieces many portable seem to have. I did notice the unit does get a bit warm after doing several back to back sessions. But not uncomfortably so. I like that you have options for temperature rather than presets. And seems like a fairly priced vape. I can see it being one that I grab often.

I think I might snag a couple more of the WPA's during Randy's 420 sale. It's a fragile little thing. And I break glass.....
I did not try CANNABIS until 1970.
2012 VAPORIZING has made it CIVIL?
Is a FURY the HOLY GRAIL of portables?

I have the PIU deal in my cart. :smilie-devil:Wondering whether to pull the trigger or be content with my Vapium and seek the other sales.

How rugged is it? Will it work outdoors in less than ideal conditions? I've had electronic vapes not work in high altitudes and cold extremes. This would be my outdoors portable.

I have the PIU deal in my cart. :smilie-devil:Wondering whether to pull the trigger or be content with my Vapium and seek the other sales.

How rugged is it? Will it work outdoors in less than ideal conditions? I've had electronic vapes not work in high altitudes and cold extremes. This would be my outdoors portable.
I can't help you there... but I bet Randy @PuffItUp could. He's taken it out and about. Try shooting him an email or pm. Or you know what.... I will. Let's see if we can get him on here and see what he has to say.

Hey our shop is in Tahoe. Our elevation is 7,600 and yah it gets cold. I took my Fury 2 snowboarding a lot this year, no problems. I always try to purposely break vaporizers to see what the thresholds are. I left my Fury in my truck a few times overnight in freezing temps to see what would happen. I really don't recommend doing the same however my Fury survived. Overall warranty rates are low.

Let me know if you have any questions, the highest elevation I have taken it to is just above 10,000'. Hoping to find some bigger mountains to conquer this summer :)

Thanks @momofthegoons for bring PIU over!

And Thanks Puffitup for stress testing the Fury 2. So how shockproof might it be. The cover looks like it would protect the glass well enough. Do you think it would/might survive a 4 foot drop to the asphalt with/without the cover?

Did watch the breakdowns and vid for the Fury 2. Still a new vape to me. But fits most of my criteria.

Like that it is an isolated airpath.
How much convection or conduction is going on with the vape?

Do you think it would/might survive a 4 foot drop to the asphalt with/without the cover?
That's a tough one to answer. My initial feeling is yes. However..... glass is a fickle bitch. I've had bubblers survive horrible falls.... and then the slightest tap on a surface might break one. So I think that dropping the vape 4 feet onto asphalt is probably a gamble.

How much convection or conduction is going on with the vape?
Imo.... and I'm sure others may have their own... it's a blend. Because the chamber is hot, and stays hot, the duration of the session, it is conduction. However... the air flow is so good through it that it gives you some convection as well. That said, it is not an 'on demand' heat situation which would make it a true convection vape.

If you keep it in your pocket it should be fine. I use mine outdoors. But I left mine in a cold truck overnight with a full charge and drained the battery with one two start load the next day. Since then it recharged fast and has been problem free. So it does need a little care, but it's not bad. And seriously, can you have too many vapes?

But I left mine in a cold truck overnight with a full charge and drained the battery with one two start load the next day.

Batteries of all types rely upon chemical reactions to store and release energy. When a battery gets really cold these chemical reactions slow down significantly impacting performance. What I am saying is any battery powered vape will suffer if stored in a cold truck overnight. If you carefully warm the batteries (perhaps just placing them in your pocket) they will perform better, than if you try using them cold.

Batteries of all types rely upon chemical reactions to store and release energy. When a battery gets really cold these chemical reactions slow down significantly impacting performance. What I am saying is any battery powered vape will suffer if stored in a cold truck overnight. If you carefully warm the batteries (perhaps just placing them in your pocket) they will perform better, than if you try using them cold.

Your right, and I do understand what your saying. In my case it was in a cold truck overnight, the next day I drove for two hours in a warmed up truck, came home and thought it would have been warmed by then. I was wrong, lol.

Like I said tho, since then it's been fine indoors and outdoors, but it is something we should know.

One complaint I have with the Fury 2 is how short the charging cord is.
This should not be a deal breaker for anyone because this little vape is excellent.
I have not had cell service for about two years. Thinking that I may get service again, I was looking for all the accessories that came with my phone. I found the charging cord and a light bulb came on.:idea:

The cord for my phone is twice as long as the cord for the Fury 2. I hooked it up, and it works. The Fury 2 is happily charging.

This should not be a deal breaker for anyone because this little vape is excellent.
I have not had cell service for about two years. Thinking that I may get service again, I was looking for all the accessories that came with my phone. I found the charging cord and a light bulb came on.
The cord for my phone is twice as long as the cord for the Fury 2. I hooked it up, and it works. The Fury 2 is happily charging.
I use the same USB cord (plugged in 24/7- an original phone cord) for all vaporizers that use USB....
I never even remove the Charging USBs from the vaporizer boxes, so that the units, once passed along have new components.
I've used the same USB for almost ten years.
(yes... I have a thicker one for those few vapes that use the "other" USB.)
We be innovatin' and co-ordinatin' shit around in "our town"... (Vape Town)!

I'm starting to charge my fury two with a battery pack that I havn't been using. It's a five 18650 cell pack that only uses about 5-6% after using the fury for 2 bowls. It really extends the F2's battery life. Plus, more importantly, it saves me the 20 steps to the wall charger, lol. Also charge my phone with it and the reason I bought it is to power my underdog, and mighty so it's kinda handy.

Not sure if anyone else gets the F2 airway blocked with their finger. I seem to block it frequently. So now I sometimes use that little round hole as a carb, lol. Try it, you might like it.

Not sure if anyone else gets the F2 airway blocked with their finger.
My 1st Fury 2 was a gift from a dear friend.
He wrote
First question after you’ve charged battery and used it ...
Did you block intake holes with pinky and then curse?
Yes... once halfway medicated, my pinky wanders to the intake holes.
Small price to pay for such a small, and convenient TRUE CONVECTION portable.

Not sure if anyone else gets the F2 airway blocked with their finger.

my pinky wanders to the intake holes.
I was wondering who was going to be the first to mention it... and hoping I wasn't the only one that kept doing this lol...

Small price to pay.
I agree it's a small price to pay and is really not an issue. I really been enjoying this vape.

TRUE CONVECTION portable.
Vito... as much as I hate to differ with you... I can't, in all honesty, say that the Fury 2 is a "true convection" portable. It is mostly convection. But the heating chamber gets hot and that creates conduction. From the Fury 2 description on the Healthy Rips website:

"The Convection Technology of the FURY 2 combines full hot air convection heating with a slight amount of radiant heat "

And from @PuffItUp 's description:

"The stainless steel loading chamber heats material through a mix of convection heating from below and conduction heating through the chamber walls."

I had the pinky cover up prob with my CFX. Saw that as a potential thing to have to unlearn.

So they are coming out with their own baskets as some point and the bowl size is compatible with the top hat of an ELB?

Like that there is a wall on one side of the bowl. Thinking how much unlike it is to my Summit Vapium in it's design. The Summit being the smallest portable I own.

The silicone cover makes this that much more pocket friendly. Really like the design and function choices they went with. I can consider this a revision of the Fury right?

The glass adapters that function like an Arizer and that there is no concern about taking off the MP while the unit is heating seems pretty robust to me.

There is mods for the MP which seems do-able with the silicone screen and MP.
I would find out if quality USB 3 cord might charge things faster or not. I bought ones with braiding on the outside to charge all my electronic portables and phone.
My Summit has a small battery, yet charges up quickly. The Fury does a smaller built-in of it's own. So anything to shorten the time charging and lengthen the battery life, I figure is worth finding out.

So I did end up getting the Fury 2 full package on 4/20 with extras. Have an XL adapter, the Glass MP and awaiting a bubbler to be sent to me at some point. Got some extra silicone screens, Which got modded for other projects involving my vapcaps and my EVO. :science:
Played with the portable's MP as well. Tried using an ordinary screen inside the silicone ring, to try out a different airflow.

As a thing, I have placed the rubber cover on the bottom of my Fury 2 to slow the airflow and to keep my pinky away from the airhole. Also I don't loose or fuss with the rubber cover as well.

Still working out the best compromise between performance and power saving. Anything that favors convection over conduction would help me like this vape even more so.

Any rec'ds as to a better grind or pack for the fury 2? I think the herb chamber they plan on having might be what I'm looking for. :thinker:
:peace:

Got some extra silicone screens, Which got modded for other projects involving my vapcaps and my EVO. :science:
Lol... why am I not surprised? :lol: How did all your experimenting go?

As a thing, I have placed the rubber cover on the bottom of my Fury 2 to slow the airflow and to keep my pinky away from the airhole. Also I don't loose or fuss with the rubber cover as well.
Rubber cover? :thinker:

Any rec'ds as to a better grind or pack for the fury 2? I think the herb chamber they plan on having might be what I'm looking for. :thinker:
I tend to favor a coarser grind so that the mouthpiece screen doesn't clog. And I tamp down the herb a bit.

So... do you like the unit? Seems like you're trying to 'fix' it to suit your needs.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back