Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued Life Saber Vaporizer

Vapes no longer in production
Question
It says to turn off after each sesh

How long do people leave theirs on for?

...i did not even see/catch this... i've been leaving mine on all night like any other vape...

You, sir, are the worst! :dog:
Me?....... Don't know what you are talking about.....

...i did not even see/catch this... i've been leaving mine on all night like any other vape...
Yea I do half the time as I know I want to use it again

It says in the hard to read fine print instructions

Wondering how long I can leave it on for at a time

...i guess technically speaking i DO follow those instructions... i turn it on after work, use it for hours until bed and then shut it off... i guess it didn't say how long of a session :dog:

...i'm thinking it's in there as a pya type deal just in case someone happened to burn their house down :idon'tknow:

...i guess technically speaking i DO follow those instructions... i turn it on after work, use it for hours until bed and then shut it off... i guess it didn't say how long of a session :dog:

...i'm thinking it's in there as a pya type deal just in case someone happened to burn their house down :idon'tknow:
See this is how I use it, but try to turn off since reading that
I just got concerned reading that bit
It isn't meant to be on for long periods of time
I want to know what a.lomg.period.of time.is....hopimg.it is as you say but don't want to burn it out

See this is how I use it, but try to turn off since reading that
I just got concerned reading that bit
It isn't meant to be on for long periods of time
I want to know what a.lomg.period.of time.is....hopimg.it is as you say but don't want to burn it out
I'm thinking @Vitolo would probably know the answer to this. I know that he leaves his SSV on 24/7 and I've been known to do the same. Not sure about the LSV though... while it's the same heater, it's a different form factor involved....

I'm thinking @Vitolo would probably know the answer to this. I know that he leaves his SSV on 24/7 and I've been known to do the same. Not sure about the LSV though... while it's the same heater, it's a different form factor involved....

Okay, so if it's the same circuit and heater I would say that the only issue would be if the outer cover got too hot over time and touched something or fell on carpet unattended
Probably a safety/sue thing

Makes me feel better about being able to leave it on longer if you have left your SS on 24hrs

I have had a bit of experimenting now and have further feedback

At first I used it straight put together and found I had to have on the lowest setting to prevent burning or bad taste

Then I looked at a few pics and saw some have the glass heater cover pushed in all the way and some had it flush with the end of the metal cover

I tried sliding the glass cover up a bit and then let the metal cover push it down as I screwed it in
This lifted the chamber so it was just above the ceramic heater and not directly over it

The vapour was much nicer tasting and even thicker but no matter how much I pulled on the bong I couldn't make it combust or get too toasty
I also could now turn the heat up to between 10 and 11 o'clock without combusting and while getting thicker and tastier clouds

Now I had a problem with the glass cover sliding back down when it had the weight on the bong and it was heated up

This stopped it working so well again and became frustrating

I worked a solution though and am very happy with the results

I drilled the bottom of a mighty capsule out and it is the perfect diameter to fit over the base of the heater which the glass cover sits on and it also happens to be the exact width/hieght needed to make the glass cover sit flush or a bees dick out of the metal cover when svrewed on :thumbsup:

I now am using my lsv on just under 11 o'clock or maybe in between 10 and 11 and no combustion
But very tasty hits and mega clouds :)
The lsv just stepped up another level again

So now you have aluminium in the air path? Could a picture help explain to me your fix? I am a bit lost as I do not own a LSV...yet.:razz2:

]
So now you have aluminium in the air path? Could a picture help explain to me your fix? I am a bit lost as I do not own a LSV...yet.:razz2:

No aluminium in the air path
The bit at the bottom where cap is doesn't get as hot either as it is somewhat sheilded from direct contact with the heater
Gets a bit hot there but not the same
And it's not in the air path
I did use a mighty cap as I wanted something that is safe in case of any gassing off and thought it is already used in a vape oven

The airpath in the lsv is not changed
There is a hole halfway up the glass cover which is the intake
Pic below

You can also see how the glass heater bowl part is now pressed snug against the metal cover/cap which lifts the chamber off the ceramic heater

The glass cover used to sit on the bottom on the three screws you can see
Now it sits on the mighty cap

This works much better than prior with extra heat but not resting on the mesh directly
Bigger hits, clouds and taste
Smooth too

You can see in other pic how glass is recessed in the metal cover and looser

The mighty cap I picked for safety but it just happened to be the perfect size all around

Hope the pics and my stoned explanation helped mate

20190607_171410.jpg
20190607_170926.jpg
20190607_172026.jpg
20190607_170851.jpg
20190607_171343.jpg
20190607_170942.jpg

20190607_173856.jpg

Last edited:
...soooo... i got a shorty on a new lsv and also picked up a shorty heater cover and heat shield to convert my og blue lsv... the shorty is much better than the standard! I get no hot spot in my bowl with the shorty.. HOWEVER the air hole in the glass heat cover is much smaller than the one on my standard one, which i think causes the hot spot because the other shorty heater cover has the same sized hole for air intake and i get a little hot spot, but not as much as the standard length...

...still very impressed with this (imo) underrated vape! the standard length is beast for direct draw but the shorty is a must (imo) paired with glass!!! LSV has officially bumped my showerhead at the moment...

MOea7I69qavK3u3PyMPWRcWgY5v1YVNrBD01nFHRAy24FOEUf4fiX-TZQ4OfVeNse1SFq7p9b8BbnT5XrDVJKkIYYb0Qg_jGiUYEEbOX5Z8cxbPP5kkIXTRaw-vNqz8b3o4yrRo6TQol5TmPcJJkMVxAsoGYGw3277aRwNJbJbuWtiqxIlUh2fogvkf7SAp67IUDbXzztr2gr3PyPUrkeXFKS6agj7qQYSTlznmcVWZqr0SvWSRxI-5TTBE0imI0HRAROyxg_aiiUuAAfQv0lMpBwhqr_AtVjxKiDJZTB7DoZBVljlrD5kJ-U-RxoNkEJe0GCXuh2ie922X_BEFwqkx1FfSj8WNsqSLykO3bLVjqZw-Z8ln1vGtv0IixTIt6HZtit_jZZCYTF-U-h8nl2znXPzfgZA8t_VITKEl1k5UXj2UerVusVfIOfXVe7s9wHIejnYabp6kiqT48ScEyX83q919TA3aeFDXq5hYqLye-t3URQC9tQrhZo38inAS8bTpjWE3jyq6173ibr55gi-bJ8uR1XoO_IB9-ZrSwusg6EJ5pUmMjNo-AVhvs-D6UvBVGkwn0F-w-6J6FUBUh7SmdVVs3DaE5hEBmsT5i6dCa7zAl8wuB_mTijkx5nLrIxLOzSBbmRloJ4jA8LenKUAKkgXMGZoeq=w703-h937-no

...not sure how well you can tell the air intake hole size difference by the pic (Standard heater cover is the one not attached to vape)...

...soooo... i got a shorty on a new lsv and also picked up a shorty heater cover and heat shield to convert my og blue lsv... the shorty is much better than the standard! I get no hot spot in my bowl with the shorty.. HOWEVER the air hole in the glass heat cover is much smaller than the one on my standard one, which i think causes the hot spot because the other shorty heater cover has the same sized hole for air intake and i get a little hot spot, but not as much as the standard length...

...still very impressed with this (imo) underrated vape! the standard length is beast for direct draw but the shorty is a must (imo) paired with glass!!! LSV has officially bumped my showerhead at the moment...

MOea7I69qavK3u3PyMPWRcWgY5v1YVNrBD01nFHRAy24FOEUf4fiX-TZQ4OfVeNse1SFq7p9b8BbnT5XrDVJKkIYYb0Qg_jGiUYEEbOX5Z8cxbPP5kkIXTRaw-vNqz8b3o4yrRo6TQol5TmPcJJkMVxAsoGYGw3277aRwNJbJbuWtiqxIlUh2fogvkf7SAp67IUDbXzztr2gr3PyPUrkeXFKS6agj7qQYSTlznmcVWZqr0SvWSRxI-5TTBE0imI0HRAROyxg_aiiUuAAfQv0lMpBwhqr_AtVjxKiDJZTB7DoZBVljlrD5kJ-U-RxoNkEJe0GCXuh2ie922X_BEFwqkx1FfSj8WNsqSLykO3bLVjqZw-Z8ln1vGtv0IixTIt6HZtit_jZZCYTF-U-h8nl2znXPzfgZA8t_VITKEl1k5UXj2UerVusVfIOfXVe7s9wHIejnYabp6kiqT48ScEyX83q919TA3aeFDXq5hYqLye-t3URQC9tQrhZo38inAS8bTpjWE3jyq6173ibr55gi-bJ8uR1XoO_IB9-ZrSwusg6EJ5pUmMjNo-AVhvs-D6UvBVGkwn0F-w-6J6FUBUh7SmdVVs3DaE5hEBmsT5i6dCa7zAl8wuB_mTijkx5nLrIxLOzSBbmRloJ4jA8LenKUAKkgXMGZoeq=w703-h937-no

...not sure how well you can tell the air intake hole size difference by the pic (Standard heater cover is the one not attached to vape)...
I have no long cover to compare
It is hard to tell
My short glass cover looks like the hole is similar to your long one
I get a slight hot spot ring, I was thinking it is the metal ring from the top hat in the gog getting hot
I get less of a hot spot with the might cap mod

Also now using mine on 11-12 since the mighty cap mod
Works like a dream

My lsv gets me buzzing nicely
It has been in use a lot lately making all my other vapes a little jealous

You really do get buzzed off this thing

That heater core looks like it is out of a soldering iron!

I noticed @just_tHe_fLu your heater does not have the black cord covering the base of ceramic showing like mine

Yours is also shorter than mine and natural sits almost where mine does after I did the mighty cap mod
I use at near 12 oclock now too

I wonder if my ceramic heater is too far out and I need to push it back in or something

@arb
@I'm Ron Burgundy? How does this compare with your units

EDIT
I just pushed the ceramic heater back in the body and it now sits in the same position as @just_tHe_fLu pic as opposed to my pic above
You can no longer see the black cord
It went back in with little pressure and actually sits centre better than before and less wobbly
I no longer need the mighty cap as a spacer

I also now use it at setting 1 o'clock and get great results
Again better clouds and taste and same big hit but smoother again
Also no hot spot ring on the AVB like before

Love the forum for this
I would not have known without having noticed in the pictures

The lsv just stepped up another level once again and I feel like I am using it as everyone else describes in here too with similar results :)

LARGELY STONED VAPORISER

Last edited:
That heater core looks like it is out of a soldering iron!

Well it basically is in principal. As is the DBV, SSV, EQ etc. The basic design works very well & people have made plenty of home vapes out of a Hakko soldering iron or various heat guns even back in the day.

....hate to sound like a broken record and shit.... BUT.... this vape is the ultimate SHIT :headbang:

...the shorty version is where it's at... does everything you need and want it to do...

...load a bowl and enjoy your day... i'm having a great one so far :smug:

XV5NvKp7AGH8zlDdrAfU9kHBUv8a9m1hbyjEh6D93OPgU5WYZA_-bsry1tiQpmKa6cRdgsAzuy8ozK3K52KdH1WhzjaLjLlf7NSN0vmVtIFiZA0oxwkJnGbyipWYSPna8xN1ZjTeP1JddTV94gU7wkRexeL_o_ypbJZRlc2VGem58cGJGYnMhJQsbyAg2u16Ed9fWwsq9jQ8ZpmECbMg9pc0Zyn34TpcoqfbC_No9q5PUlba9fC3sVGSyrZ03F5Qp-DyOaAGfFvgt6Ax5TDM_aR5IqpcJg9jup5ZbCtshokpVphPa1VuWan4y2rfF-csyY6NdxK8fI_e4BGS7HHh1BnDCmncMUxhRLTmvzAvV83y974oXI7aZrwehrqtBo-A6_ANooP-MoTCDs7bfm48gPCruLqUKhSJ_j8N-OFKYV7a2b5NtEyTWy2CwXPDCGnL_AUoIHk8bTAGc3M-CE1a70Kdll3ZK5vgyvhnaXrVkrjsLR0UeEWXzUhDzDzlDYmZCH4sN-ehq6xDkf2zcTNEV-8kAdGY9g2SzZYK7c8p8Bh9YsxSJ3FL8JwSXtyovxgII0pwzkrniM1etqD91BS4IwmV1mpBnPah_UOuuq7l1pRmtS92m1b748xbrKQzsgW645kfF2GV3eYDescc_lswi48xPDwEm9mv=w1569-h937-no

Yup
I am loving my lsv
Gets you right where you need to be

My glass heater cover was getting a bit dirty looking
Put it through the us cleaner and wow is it working better again

I am using it on 11oclock now as the airflow is better after cleaning

What a beast of a machine

This thing really dirties a bong quickly
Globby bits and all

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC