Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Open Twist in Bocote taking shape.
20180823_114120.jpg

20180823_145040.jpg

I really like the deep cut into the Bocote, distorts the grain nicely.

Trying to get as much stuff on the open twists while I do this pair.
You've seen me filing so I skipped that bit.
Did this because it looks good

This is four different colours of the glass tube tried out in two different stems. I was very happy I kept the eye on the second stem.

Have a great weekend.

Looking at the pictures, I thought I liked the blue insert best, on the video it was the amber, nice work. I was wondering if you still have the triple tipper still, wanna sell it? I thought it might fit in the SJK IH, it would put out monster clouds.:thumbsup:

Trying to get as much stuff on the open twists while I do this pair.
You've seen me filing so I skipped that bit.
Did this because it looks good

This is four different colours of the glass tube tried out in two different stems. I was very happy I kept the eye on the second stem.

Have a great weekend.

Great work
Love these a lot....I have to be kind to my wallet but damn I have to get some phiggie pheelings soon I think

Looking at the pictures, I thought I liked the blue insert best, on the video it was the amber, nice work. I was wondering if you still have the triple tipper still? I thought it might fit in the SJK IH, it would put out monster clouds.:thumbsup:

That is mad.....I want one soooo bad
This would kill in water....

Also saw on FC @phattpiggie same post and asked you
What is the track in background of the turning video posted above?

Last edited:
I've had to buy an adjustable reamer so I can work each stem to the variables in the glass sizing, PITA but worth it in the end.

@momofthegoons I think of all the colours I prefer in the Bocote the black tops it, cobalt then amber.

@little miss deadly thank you.

@LesPlenty amd @felvapes yes I still have the triple stem, it's used and has no condensers so it's not really a saleable item.
Felvapes I made an 18mm version but it didn't work as well as the stem.
Les Plenty the idea of an IH for the triple has been on my mind for a while now.

You'll both be pleased to know I have things in place for the triple just a matter of time and money to get it off the ground.

Had a play with shapes that have stuck in mind from the hours I've lost image searching antique cigarette holders.
No bakelite to hand so I had to use acrylics.
White with black swirls and ali accent.
zthICz3.jpg

Bocote and Springfileds acrylic with a brass accent
jVHOdYf.jpg

No idea where this idea is headed or even how I'm going to work it out.

I think of all the colours I prefer in the Bocote the black tops it, cobalt then amber.
I always tend to lean towards blue.... but while that is stunning in the Bocote, the black just looks so classy. Black for the win! :biggrin:

Love the black and white acrylic piece.

And your 'Bocote idea' looks very intriguing.... almost looks a bit StemPod or such on top...... although it also looks a bit like a chillum. Can't wait to find out what you're up to. :popcorn:

@momofthegoons not sure why the blue has the draw it has but it's liked by a lot of people.

No idea wtf I'm looking to do with the Bocote idea, mocked it up and promptly put it down before it dragged me to places unknown.
It'll be a VC stem paying homage to the condenser, maybe, or a sleeve of the Springfields under the open twist.

Or.......

@momofthegoons not sure why the blue has the draw it has but it's liked by a lot of people.

No idea wtf I'm looking to do with the Bocote idea, mocked it up and promptly put it down before it dragged me to places unknown.
It'll be a VC stem paying homage to the condenser, maybe, or a sleeve of the Springfields under the open twist.

Or.......
I felt the condenser/tip thing as soon as I saw it, before I read you say it...

Last edited:
This is a particularly poor example of Spalted Beech, lovely spalt but it tore all over when I turned it.

F0q5UOb.jpg

Not only does the Beech have some great things going on.

It wasn't just the Beech playing games with the drill, this bit of Cocobolo ended up the same as you can see when I had to true it up again.
XnnQqYX.jpg

It's my take on the little stubby Cheroot holders
fovsTF1.jpg

I'm a fuker for not throwing anything which in my mind could be useful, not hoarding level. Honest.
And in this case very worthwhile hanging on to.
Blackwood with creamy sapwood, Cocobolo and copper. 60mm long.

I love the Bocote/Springfileds combo
YtSc8i9.jpg

A pair of Bimblebox Burr pieces getting done over the weekend, the thin BW pieces are going to take a bit of thinking to get them spot on every time.
ZjQKCOy.jpg

Another weekend rolls in, they come thick and fast these days, have a great one.

@momofthegoons I think you'll like both these pictures.
And how! :lol: Indian Summer is my absolute favorite of the acrylics.

And I LOVE what you ended up doing with the seashell..... and I want one. Add it to the list please...
And I hope you're keeping track cause I've totally lost count. :biggrin: Let's see... I wanted a twist, I like this new seashell, and I know there were a couple more... really liked the Cocobolo cheroot style..... :nut:

I have a Cocobolo Lidded stem to turn and as I don't do them that often it's always good to do a practice piece.
Red Mesh acrylic with BW MP and brass accent.
20180905_152549.jpg

20180905_152455.jpg

Over two years ago I tried out the lidded idea on a piece of Crab Apple I'd taken down in the front garden, it never went anywhere but it was far too nice to throw away.
So it has a new mouth piece and a new lease of life.
I need to get a decent chisel sharpened up for little work.
20180905_140223.jpg

20180905_134037.jpg

20180905_134646.jpg

I have a Cocobolo Lidded stem to turn and as I don't do them that often it's always good to do a practice piece.
Red Mesh acrylic with BW MP and brass accent.
View attachment 4759
View attachment 4760

Over two years ago I tried out the lidded idea on a piece of Crab Apple I'd taken down in the front garden, it never went anywhere but it was far too nice to throw away.
So it has a new mouth piece and a new lease of life.
I need to get a decent chisel sharpened up for little work.
View attachment 4762
View attachment 4763

View attachment 4764

Absolutely love these
The cap is brilliant looking and the function so no need for vc case
The wood with hole from knot is gorgeous work....

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back