Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Da one @phattpiggie posted is perfect!
I WANT ONE!
lol.... the Indian Summer has found another victim @phattpiggie. :biggrin: That's some of my favorite material as well ataxian. But it's not wood... it's an acrylic called Indian Summer. I love it as well.

I think the new protocol for phattpiggie's work is great. Nothing worse than making custom stuff for folk who don't come through. I've got to believe you'll sell out of anything you post phatts. :thumbsup:

lol.... the Indian Summer has found another victim @phattpiggie. :biggrin: That's some of my favorite material as well ataxian. But it's not wood... it's an acrylic called Indian Summer. I love it as well.

I think the new protocol for phattpiggie's work is great. Nothing worse than making custom stuff for folk who don't come through. I've got to believe you'll sell out of anything you post phatts. :thumbsup:
That one in da photo is perfect 4 blinging out!

Agreed. I've been buying pieces that he's posted and couldn't be more pleased. I mean, why should I want my own "creativity of design" be elevated to the level of "The Master Blaster of Creativity"...certainly nothing I could come up with to match Phatpiggies! :headbang:

@LesPlenty The Bocote I use daily stem has had a good clean and it's getting sent out for someone over here to have a play with hence the Indian Summer. I have a handful of prototype pieces which I've used.
In a different world I'd have a display case with a shit load of pretty stems in it but that's not to be, for now.

@rouxdy message me and I'll get you some pictures of what I have.

@momofthegoons nothing ventured nothing gained, leaving my day job was financial suicide so it can't get any worse.
I have made a few pieces that don't seem to be selling but they can go to one side for the future display case.

I thought that stem may appeal to you @ataxian, so far so good there is a little heat transfer between the Ti and acrylic.
There was a faint smell to start with but it's declined rapidly and my sip and dip heating method has kept the heat up there so I'm happy with it.

Every now and again I get a bit of wood that goes to one side until I've decided what I'm going to do with it.
A while ago a handful of African Blackwood blanks arrived and this one was one of them.
The last one with a purple hue was very faint and the colour disappeared when it got waxed.
Not this time, inlaid with amethyst that @Squiby kindly sent me over.
20181024-153047.jpg

20181024-155648.jpg

20181024-162649.jpg

@LesPlenty The Bocote I use daily stem has had a good clean and it's getting sent out for someone over here to have a play with hence the Indian Summer. I have a handful of prototype pieces which I've used.
In a different world I'd have a display case with a shit load of pretty stems in it but that's not to be, for now.

@rouxdy message me and I'll get you some pictures of what I have.

@momofthegoons nothing ventured nothing gained, leaving my day job was financial suicide so it can't get any worse.
I have made a few pieces that don't seem to be selling but they can go to one side for the future display case.

I thought that stem may appeal to you @ataxian, so far so good there is a little heat transfer between the Ti and acrylic.
There was a faint smell to start with but it's declined rapidly and my sip and dip heating method has kept the heat up there so I'm happy with it.

Every now and again I get a bit of wood that goes to one side until I've decided what I'm going to do with it.
A while ago a handful of African Blackwood blanks arrived and this one was one of them.
The last one with a purple hue was very faint and the colour disappeared when it got waxed.
Not this time, inlaid with amethyst that @Squiby kindly sent me over.
20181024-153047.jpg

20181024-155648.jpg

20181024-162649.jpg

I like the way wood look's.
However my lip'R wierd?
I do love da look of that one you posted.
I have purple hearth 4 artwork however not 4 my lip's?
Just me I guess!

@ataxian, it sounds like you need to try a Huon Pine stem, the wood feels like silk to the touch different to normal wood.
I have a few small bits, I wonder if they are big enough to make stems from?
IMG_20181026_132434.jpg

IMG_20181026_132359.jpg

@ataxian, it sounds like you need to try a Huon Pine stem, the wood feels like silk to the touch different to normal wood.
I have a few small bits, I wonder if they are big enough to make stems from?
View attachment 5529
View attachment 5530
I have a collect of exotic wood (timber’s when I made surfboards out of wood)
I never liked wood on my lip’s!
Please forgive my ignorance?

@LesPlenty and @felvapes I need 3/4" to an inch square by 6" long.
I've got a table saw so can cut down to size if needs be.

@ataxian get me some pictures of the wood you have. There is no problem using wood for the stem and adding an acrylic MP.

There are some lovely cheroot, cigarette holder cases about. I nearly turned a stem to suit the case.
20181026-132412.jpg

But decided on a full VC.
The Nub End
20181026-132443.jpg

Sunshine today really brought out the best in this stem.
20181026-134802.jpg

Have a great weekend

@ataxian get me some pictures of the wood you have. There is no problem using wood for the stem and adding an acrylic MP.

There are some lovely cheroot, cigarette holder cases about. I nearly turned a stem to suit the case.
Have a great weekend
DUDE I can send U a piece of poormans's BALSA from MEXICO.
PAROTA? (May have spelled it miscorrectly?)

20181026-132412.jpg

But decided on a full VC.
The Nub End
20181026-132443.jpg

20181026-134802.jpg

Have a great weekend
Stubby looks great esp with its little violin case, love it
Bet it runs a bit hot though?

@LesPlenty this is a piece of Deco glass I bought on EBay and won't part with.

@felvapes the little B&W Ebony piece on the left, which is an adapter for the glass piece, it's the shortest 'stem' I've used.
It wasn't as hot as I thought it was going to be. The new one is a couple or three mm's longer.
20181027-151404.jpg

Buckeye Burl IH enclosure will be on its way down to Madeira next week so I had to give it a whirl before it went. It's a 1:45 bowl sped up for IG.

Customer order for an Amboyna Square with some turquoise inlay all ready for filing the stone down. It was originally only going to be one band of stone but the blank had that nice little dark spot going on so I went with thinner and one either side of it.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back