Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

A longer sleeker version is on the cards as I wait for some blanks to arrive.
FUlYjos.jpg

Well I'm super happy with this one:

weqSjMN.jpg

Goes perfectly with my MFLB Orbiter.

mnTCmf7.jpg

Beautiful work there Phatt's, I lost 1.5hrs after my first use resulted in me just sitting there twirling it in my hands staring at the pretty patterns.

Love it!

aYz3D6f.jpg

It's like a rocket ship trying to break a black holes orbit....

What's the name of the style of vapcap enclosure (if that's what it's called) pictured? I guess it's basically Vong? It looks amazing. I'd love to order something like that.

Lmfao... is there anything you wont/can't make a stem out of? :rofl:

Nope if it looks like it'll work then I'm up for it, there's an Indian Summer blank with your name on it in the draw.

The squat egg stem wasn't doing it for me so I went with a longer MP end which I flattened to keep it along the lines of the cigarette holders I've poured over endlessly since I started all this.
ntkvdrT.jpg

Also got an XL Myrtle Burl, Blackwood and brass done.
gc5aCKA.jpg

there's an Indian Summer blank with your name on it in the draw.
Oh boy oh boy oh boy.... :aaaaa:

The squat egg stem wasn't doing it for me so I went with a longer MP end which I flattened to keep it along the lines of the cigarette holders I've poured over endlessly since I started all this.
Turned out really sharp looking.. very nice. :thumbsup: I tend to like the longer 'cigarette holder' type stems myself. Really classy looking and somewhat vintage as well.

Thanks for the video @duff it's always good to see stuff I've made in other peoples hands.

Had a 14mm Ti nail turn up today and I recessed a piece of threaded Blackwood in the joint end.
My wood lathe and a file don't allow for very neat processing of metal especially not Ti so I made a BW spacer where the two pieces of Ti join. A full length SS condenser holds it all together.
Cbps0VS.jpg

y2XzXCB.jpg

Great work Phats, like mom said the BW does add that little extra making it pop, very cool to see you do different stuff all the time. Well done!

Enclosure is nearly there, stem will get done over the next few days. It'll be good to get some proper pictures up once it's landed until then it's under wraps.

Revisited the quails egg stem idea, broke three eggs getting this one done. I need to work out how to fill the egg with a lightweight filler. Bocote this time.
nOanK7W.jpg

It'll be good to get some proper pictures up once it's landed until then it's under wraps.
Killing. Me. :facepalm2:
Revisited the quails egg stem idea, broke three eggs getting this one done.
Really is stunning. The egg has so much 'grain' of it's own. But I would imagine they're quite fragile. Is putting a coating of some sort on the outside not a viable option? Or is that not enough?

@momofthegoons there are 3 coats of base coat nail varnish on there now, the first try with the best looking egg went astray and I think it was down to the egg absorbing water from PVA glue that I used.
There will be a way round it just need to find it.

I'll make sure and get plenty of pictures and video explaining how the enclosure all goes together, until then it's masking tape and little hints for you.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back