Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Summer Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to help the local wildlife out too, when it gets hot these endangered species can go walk about, Giant Freshwater Lobster, I spotted this small example crossing the road near a bridge where we camp;
IMG066.jpg

He took a bit of persuading to get back into the river. I used to eat these guys once.....yum, but not any more, cost about $10,000 a plate if you get caught eating them!

So, I posted about loving fishing....in the summer I also love shoot competitive registered skeet. My squad from a bit of time ago. The guy with the big head and red hat on in the middle is a many time world champion...and my buddy....but boy can he break targets.

Harry Wright Squad.jpg

In the summer, I love to stay out of the sun and dream of Hawaii...I also love to ditch my roommates so I can concentrate for a minute.

I used to be the very outdoor type, gone from early morning until dinner time, wandering in the woods, climbing trees, exploring the storm sewers, catching crawfish in the creek...doing ANYTHING in the creek, actually; but increasingly hot summers and advancing age have made me prone to heat exhaustion, and occasionally heat stroke.

If I was in Hawaii, though...place is PERFECT to me, never too hot, never cold...the softest, most welcoming place on earth.

Imagine: a tropical rainforest where the mosquitoes don’t bite....

I love summer for the bees.. i love bees.. and honey...
I particularly like watching the leaf cutter bees clumsily carrying their leafs and making their nest...

I like listening and sometimes talking to people from mainland Australia on my UHF, there is a scientific type reason why signals travel further in summer but I am not scientific. My reception was especially poor last night, here is the reason why;
IMG_20180813_232651.jpg

That is a Brush Tail Possum trying to wreck my Quad Shield RG6 Coax cable, a spray with the hose only sent him higher!

Another thing I love to do in the Summer is eat fresh (ripe) fruit.

Growing up in the Tropics, land of forever Summer, I was not really concerned with the seasons (before it was either sun and/or rain), or what they meant for being able to access ripe, flesh, and juicy fruits. Moving to the Northern Hemisphere meant that I left many of the comforts I was unaware I had (including length of light hours, esp. in the winter!)

Mangos, watermelon, lychees, and my fav, for which I didn't know the name in English until now, the Ice Cream Bean tree... With a name like that, what is there not to like?
04976734a2459f65feca9f52b58ebb8c--salvadorian-food-central-america.jpg

Well, already posted I like fishing and skeet shooting, but I also loved riding my Harley....this one was bought new in '89 but I have been riding since I was 17. Sadly, however, I recently sold it....I just can't hit the pavement again (it would be disasterous) and traffic in metro DC is impossible. But ain't she a beauty? My buddy owned a Harley shop (he retired recently) but could break a computer system if he walked within 10 feet of it. So, I kept his point of sales system running and in return we tweaked up my bike. No fake chrome covers or bolt on do-dads here (well, the tool box is bolt on). Everything was taken off and sent to Brown's for show chroming. We were careful not to garbage it up too much...to much looks like...well, too much. I thought it came out nice, personally (hahah...well, I would, wouldn't I haha).

upload_2018-8-14_12-52-38.jpeg

Eating is one of favorite "summer" activities . . . :razz2:

ribeye_1.jpg

Working believe it or not.. .i spend about 75% of my time at work outside..
So im more than happy to slogging away in the summer sun..
I get a tan..
I get fit from the manual labour..
And i just enjoy my job..

I look forward to a day in the sun with some intense exercise.. digging holes is my favourite, great core training..

Edit:- @Baron23 i cant believe you sold it.. that was a keeper, even if you dont ride anymore, it was art... and from new too...
I could not have parted with that...
You have my condolences...

Edit:- @Baron23 i cant believe you sold it.. that was a keeper, even if you dont ride anymore, it was art... and from new too...
I could not have parted with that...
You have my condolences...
Brother, I did keep it for far longer than I should....it was such great garage art and I have a good part of my self-image tied into bikes, etc.

But, all things must come to an end.

Now, the complete and utter fool I sold it to decided to make a chopper out of it. I almost wanted to hunt him down with a baseball bat. If you want to make a chopper, start with a trashed bike and build it. But to take a beautiful custom soft tail in perfect condition and tear it up is a travesty in my book. I don't want to talk to the mofo anymore. He's an idiot.

Any excuse for a BBQ and I am in.:thumbsup: I have actually had a few beers at the pub that the original Crocodile Dundee was filmed.
upload_2018-8-16_1-35-6.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back