Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
The more I read about it the more I want, but don't have the confidence in their ability to keep up with the demand. The outliers do seem bad or requiring hacking a device when shouldn't in the first place.

Waiting / wishing a time when it will be easier to get.
The CS going from "great" to won't answer emails is also a concern for me

Reminds me of both HL and of the history of this maker of the TM

Concerning to say the least

I keep my eye on this one as it has bong potential to me
Maybe when/if the TM 2.0 happens

The CS going from "great" to won't answer emails is also a concern for me

Reminds me of both HL and of the history of this maker of the TM

Concerning to say the least

I keep my eye on this one as it has bong potential to me
Maybe when/if the TM 2.0 happens
I respect this community and FC (the same?) to keep interest in this device. The fixes seem minor where needed and everyone is willing to hack the device. The price point isn't prohibitive too. I assume that they need to find a way to scale or expand a bit but the product speaks for itself. I am holding out since there are going to be a lot of other things I've been waiting for available sooner.

I respect this community and FC (the same?) to keep interest in this device. The fixes seem minor where needed and everyone is willing to hack the device. The price point isn't prohibitive too. I assume that they need to find a way to scale or expand a bit but the product speaks for itself. I am holding out since there are going to be a lot of other things I've been waiting for available sooner.
For the price point I want CS and wood that butts up to the metal properly for a start like a gun butt etc

CS is important with any vape, but especially one with a maker that has a shit history and half made a comeback on the new and improved communication
To let that fall behind because you are making$$ is not a good sign at all, especially with a history you are trying to make amends for
I know Eds TNT has a big workload and is essentially a one man band - one of the best CS going and communication tho....
Phat piggie also
Et. Al
Also with a number of faulty units etc and small issues you need communication and fixes not to be ignored

These issues are why I waited from the start and tried to wade through the BS

As I said
This vape potentially has a place with me
But I will continue to watch and hope for improvements in the vape and the price and the CS and that they continue to function with longevity

Maybe I'll get one
Maybe I'll wait for 2.0

Maybe I won't own a TM

Who knows at this stage
I watch and wait and consider

The fixes seem minor where needed and everyone is willing to hack the device.
What sort of problems are being seen, I have not heard of any troubles on here?

The most common problems are:
  • Vibration feedback not working (no feedback for battery life & reached temp)
  • Inconsistent / weak heat ups
  • Battery not lasting
The most common user errors are:
  • Starting to draw before the haptic feedback occurs (possible combustion)
  • Cross threading the battery lid / not closing fully
  • Dropping the TM (glass cylinder in tube holder can break)
  • Using insufficient batteries
  • Using capsules that protrude from the chamber
As @shopdognyc mentioned, there has been quite some discussion about keeping the battery contacts clean, I myself am a bit skeptic about it, because I never had the need to be very mindful about that. I just keep them clean, others experiment with some kind of stuff that would enhance the connectivity. I don't know. As I mentioned, I dropped my TM once and the glass cylinder survived. Either way, it's available for cheap in the TM shop and can be replaced.

I went from not wanting, to curious and now just waiting my turn. I know I will appreciate it but been filling my VAS with some other great things. Would be happier if I could just get "pre-orders" now taking about 1 month, you will be number 100.

I’ve been reading through this thread. A lot of passion going on. A lot is also mentioned about conduction vs convection. I have heard this argument a lot too.
Question, forgive me if this has been mentioned. Does the battery last around 45 min to an hour? Is it the same as the Milaana battery? I don’t like harsh vapor flavor either so I would like to know that as well. I know we all have our likes and other things not so much. Appreciate any feedback.
I’m careful how much money I spend on vaporizers. I haven’t bought one in a long time. Been pretty satisfied with what I have.

Image result for conduction versus convection vaporizer

Convection vaporizers heat herb or concentrates indirectly with a forced stream of hot air until vapor is released. Conduction vaporizers use direct heat to vaporize the material. A heated surface, but not a flame, actually touches the herb or extract to create vapor.Mar 31, 2019
1600829638465.png

Royal Queen Seeds › blog-convecti...
Convection Vs Conduction Vaporizers:

Last edited:
A lot is also mentioned about conduction vs convection. I have heard this argument a lot too.

I'm not sure I understand what argument you are referring to, but the Tinymight is indeed a 100% convection device.

Question, forgive me if this has been mentioned. Does the battery last around 45 min to an hour?

I think more in terms of „sessions“ than minutes when it comes to the TM, because I never use the session mode. On-demand I can have about 8 to 10 sessions per charge, but that depends a lot on how big a typical load would be and how high of a temperature you'd use. Others will only get ~5 sessions or so. I'm sure the TM will last an hour in session mode easily, but I haven't tried. It heats up so quick in on-demand, so I'm always in that mode. Also keep in mind that extra batteries will give you endless power.

I don’t like harsh vapor flavor either so I would like to know that as well.

The TM is considered to be a heavy hitter and fast extractor, but its cooling unit does a very good job in cooling and conditioning the vapor. It's totally possible to use the TM at lower temps too, with the dial at 6 or lower the vapor is actually super smooth. With the dial at 8 and above things get a bit toastier (I usually start at 5 or 6 and temp step up to 8 to finish a bowl). Flavor is a very subjective thing, but I *love* the detailed, strong and pure flavor profiles the TM gives me. I find it to be very easy to find a sweet spot.

Harshness is subjective. It can depend on the weed your using. I like flavor, not a burnt taste. I don’t use my herb until dark brown.

What I mean I’ve heard the argument about convection verses conduction when it comes to a vaporizer. Some folks get confused, that’s why I added the info above.It can result in angry feelings for some reason.

Its all good, Thank you for your comments and the clarification. I usually keep track when I get a battery as to how long it will last. Most of those types of batteries for me usually last less than an hour of use. I like to see also how they degrade over time.
I can see by your posting that you really are enjoying this unit. I understand I have favorite vaporizers myself.

I am a session vape user as well, sessions can vary as time.
$249 can be a large investment for some people. It’s important we do our due diligence in research. Customer service is also an important factor for me.

I personally don’t like ordering something if I have to be put on a waiting list. The Grasshopper ruined that for me. I’m apprehensive to purchase. Need to continue to watch.:dogpile: Sorry for the double post.

@CarolKing – Both customer service and waiting times are not the strongest superpower of the Tinymight, that's true, but I'm sure it won't take the TM crew as long as Hopper Labs to get back on track, esp. when it comes to customer service. I think they got overwhelmed by the demand and some other factors, so it might actually be a good idea to be patient for now and watch how things will (hopefully) improve.

I can see by your posting that you really are enjoying this unit. I understand I have favorite vaporizers myself.

Just for the record: I love the TM, but it is not my favorite vape, that would be my Dynavaps. :-)

Most of those types of batteries for me usually last less than an hour of use. I like to see also how they degrade over time.

Typically an 18650 Li Ion as used in the TM will start to noticeably degrade after about one year of daily usage. I rotate two cells for ten months now and they are still good.

@CarolKing – Both customer service and waiting times are not the strongest superpower of the Tinymight, that's true, but I'm sure it won't take the TM crew as long as Hopper Labs to get back on track, esp. when it comes to customer service. I think they got overwhelmed by the demand and some other factors, so it might actually be a good idea to be patient for now and watch how things will (hopefully) improve.

Just for the record: I love the TM, but it is not my favorite vape, that would be my Dynavaps. :-)

Typically an 18650 Li Ion as used in the TM will start to noticeably degrade after about one year of daily usage. I rotate two cells for ten months now and they are still good.

What about your other vapes? I went from Crafty+/Mighty, Dynavap, Sticky Bricks, and ecstatic over the Lotus now.

I have heard the inner glass cylinder can break. Something about charging and opening it up to clean the contacts. I have to dig back to find more, but seemed like minor issues if anything.

I had that exact experience and know 2 others who did as well...almost right from the get-go. I think the glass is more fragile than it looks. Wouldn't recommend.

1600931548696.png

I had that exact experience [...]

Didn't know you have a Tinymight.

I think the glass is more fragile than it looks. Wouldn't recommend.

Are you referring to the same glass cylinder? I'd rather say it looks pretty much as fragile as it is. And yet, breaking accidents have been pretty rare from what I've seen.

What about your other vapes? I went from Crafty+/Mighty, Dynavap, Sticky Bricks, and ecstatic over the Lotus now.

Magic Flight Launch Box → DaVinci IQ → Dynavaps → Tinymight, nowadays only using the DV and TM. I'm able to test various stuff via a friend and have a Vapbong from him in possession for a few months now (great device too!).

The !Milaana has such a nice thick stem and GonG.

The TMs stems are of high quality too, 2mm quartz. What we are referring here to though is a glass cylinder shielding the tube holder from the woods (and a contact I believe), the one in the upper middle:
resized_TMdisassembly.jpg

[taken from FC]

As I mentioned, it can be purchased as an extra in case of an accident, but I haven't seen it happening very often.

FINALLY ! After order was placed it arrived here in Kansas in 5 days. I had settled in for a long wait.

Out of the box I'm needing a better stem for cooling.

Set on level 6 or above it seems to do most if its extraction in the first draw.

It can be used for Dynavap size loads & get noticeably more vapor than a DV on initial hit.

The reports of taste, quality vapor with ability to microdose is what steered me toward the TM.

The P80 ordering process is just different. I am looking at the FW 7.

I need more time ... for now only thing I don't care for is I've not really found a way to sip it like I can my Vapexhale.

Two different vapes I know.
I just lack fir a better way to describe it.

Been a short time, thus far ... its not perfect ... I don't know that it will ever be my "Daily Driver".

This may change. I see my self using it toward the end of an oz. of the same strain to bust through the accumulated tolerance that comes from using the same strain for a while .... clear as mud ?

20210923_184534.jpg

FINALLY ! After order was placed it arrived here in Kansas in 5 days. I had settled in for a long wait.

Out of the box I'm needing a better stem for cooling.

Set on level 6 or above it seems to do most if its extraction in the first draw.

It can be used for Dynavap size loads & get noticeably more vapor than a DV on initial hit.

The reports of taste, quality vapor with ability to microdose is what steered me toward the TM.

The P80 ordering process is just different. I am looking at the FW 7.

I need more time ... for now only thing I don't care for is I've not really found a way to sip it like I can my Vapexhale.

Two different vapes I know.
I just lack fir a better way to describe it.

Been a short time, thus far ... its not perfect ... I don't know that it will ever be my "Daily Driver".

This may change. I see my self using it toward the end of an oz. of the same strain to bust through the accumulated tolerance that comes from using the same strain for a while .... clear as mud ?

The TM is probably the closest thing to a "daily driver" that I have. Not because I use it everyday, but it is my most all around versatile, jack of all trades, vape. If I were to lose all of my vapes, the TM would be the one I want to hold onto!

Happy to help figure out the best way for you to enjoy it as well!

I dont have the P80 but I do have the FW 7 for context...as well as a few other battery powered portables/plug ins

I think the closest way to "sip" it would be temp stepping. Just play around with the dial, if I'm going for a real temp step session I'm starting at 2.5/3. One long warm up hit, then another at the same temp, and then start going up .5 - 1.0 each following hit from there. Other than that its simply too powerful to get a full sipping experience IMO.

Also starting at a higher level, you're going to get a massive blast off the first hit or two, which could definitely take you by surprise/make you think you need more cooling. You may - obviously everybody is different, but I find the stock short stem and cooling unit to be pretty reasonable.

I highly suggest a J Hook for home use, its great for cooling and it removes the cooling unit from the airpath, the taste is unreal.

This thread has gone a full year without any updates, would be happy to try and breathe some life into this one!

BrianTL, Thank You , for your thougts on this vape. Yup temp stepping seems to be a great way when one desires full even extraxction with the Tinymight.

One of the complaints on the Tinymight has been uneven ectraction ... not an issue at higher temps. Taste is not as good.
What vape maintains its tatste at higher temps ?
Few do. The Tinymight does OK here .

I'm really digging this vape ,,, I have found, while I can get a couple of sips from a load, the Tinymight is a primarily a benchmark for quick extraction ... My Vapexhale is the only vape I have that comes close or surpasses it. Ya I know its a desk top ...

I wanted a vape that looked like a regular vape box mod . Or close, that could micro dose ... save herb & money, heat up quicker than a minute, have good taste along with replacable batteries .... Tinymight does this

Last edited:
BrianTL, Thank You , for your thougts on this vape. Yup temp stepping seems to be a great way when one desires full even extraxction with the Tinymight.

One of the complaints on the Tinymight has been uneven ectraction ... not an issue at higher temps. Taste is not as good.
What vape maintains its tatste at higher temps ?
Few do. The Tinymight does OK here .

I'm really digging this vape ,,, I have found, while I can get a couple of sips from a load, the Tinymight is a primarily a benchmark for quick extraction ... My Vapexhale is the only vape I have that comes close or surpasses it. Ya I know its a desk top ...

I wanted a vape that looked like a regular vape box mod . Or close, that could micro dose ... save herb & money, heat up quicker than a minute, have good taste along with replacable batteries .... Tinymight does this

I've heard a couple of people say that they dont get even extraction and have to stir, but that hasn't been my experience whatsoever. I literally never stir... and had this thing since July of 2020. You can/will get a brown ring on the face of the flower, but I find just below the surface, it is completely even. The half of a whispy hit that I would gain from a quick stir is not remotely worth it to me. The taste is gone by that point as well.

Probably one of the more helpful things for even extraction, dont push the cooling unit in too far. I like to set mine no deeper than the inner diameter of the stem.

Temp stepping is also a great way to enjoy the taste first and then ramp it up for full effect.

The TM is a benchmark for me for many things. It's hard to beat IMO. Keep in mind though I am not a session-style vaper. Session vapes dont appeal to me much at all...big on-demand/quick extraction guy.

I also really enjoy it through water, if that's your thing. Milks a piece like a desktop

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back