Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
45+ years recreational use. Currently micro-dosing to ease an overactive mind.
I tried to Micro dose and almosted died?
We have various needs.
ROSIN after lunch with my ESPRESSO!

CGfG3TZ.jpg

So, I guess I will post on this subject although I try to avoid it as I feel that my medical issues are so slight in comparison to others and I would rather be outward oriented towards others than inward dwelling on my own personal shit. But nonetheless:

I'm 64. Posts in this tread contained enough clues that I'm pretty sure I have a lot of contemporaries here.

I started recreational use when I was 14 in '67. Turned on by my friend's older brother the week Sgt Peppers was released (we bought and listened to it that day LOL).

Spent most of my adolescence apparently trying to either kill myself on drugs, get shot, or end up in jail. The only relevance is that: 1) I do feel I have a good bit of personal experience with drug addiction and recovery so I am VERY careful and cautious about what drugs I will ingest and; 2) some of those memories from then are so utterly horrid and horrifying that they still haunt me and color my view of myself.

Then, big change of life, get off the hard drugs, go to college and then enter the USAF and fly fast movers, then get out and get a corporate job. MJ simply wasn't a large part of my life in this period although if I came across a bit I would buy it and keep it in the nightstand drawer or if I ran into it at a concert or BBQ I wouldn't turn it down. So, still recreational but not consistent is how I would describe it.

Like @momofthegoons, I spent a wonderful year once on interferon and riboviron for Hep C which I cleared (yeah for having the winning genotype!! :aaaaa:). That one also left some very real mental scars and I am absolutely convinced that the meds hammered my overall health although medical professionals poo-poo this. I was NOT using MJ during this time (should have but that's another story).

Then I injured my back badly nine years ago, had surgery, have permanent chronic neuropathy as a result, and just had an MRI two days ago as my back seems to still be degenerating. Actually, counting three trips to the cardiac cath unit, I have had six surgeries in eight years including removal of a pretty good segment of my colon for diverticulitis related problems.

The day before my back injury was the last good nights sleep I have had. I can hardly lay down except perhaps in a single position and you just can't sleep that way. Without MJ for pain and sedation, I cat nap and never really get REM sleep. This is when I started using MJ rigorously for pain and sedation.

I reserve it (and my tolerance) for use at night as much as possible as the most important thing for me is to be able knock myself the fuck out. With MJ, I can get up to 2-2 1/2 hours of sleep at a time which is a blessing in my book.

Not only does the MJ act as a sedative, I also find real benefit from that 'high' I get at first as I lay there and my mind free associates and then eventually I slip into sleep.

I have also been diagnosed with severe acute depression, dysthymia, chronic anxiety, and AHDD (hard to believe that I not only flew but was actually very good at it LOL).

I have (or have been offered) by medical science: 15 mg oxycodone, valium, zanex, robaxin, gabapentin/lyrica, and ambien. I only take some of this at all and then only under the most extreme duress. Like I said, I have some personal experience with addiction and am very aware of the impact of these enormously strong pharma drugs.

I find that MJ not only helps me with my physical symptoms when I use it, but this natural drug also elevates my general mood overall.

Ok, enough of this. I can't imagine this being of interest to anybody. Hell, it bores me to tears just writing it. :wave:

Last edited:
I share a number of symptoms that my bro @ddave suffers from, in addition to some other neurological and anxiety conditions among others. I was born with and have since developed a combined total of half a dozen different disabilities to date. Still I do my best not to let that get in the way of biting off more than I ever thought I could chew in terms of my career and lifestyle :cheeseburger:

Cannabis has provided unparralelled relief for many different symptoms for me, and has allowed me to cease using a wide variety of prescription medications which my doctors themselves were clear carried significant risks of shortening my life expectancy. Hooray for cannabis! :weed:

@Baron23 I had to unlike your post and like it again for the improvements you've clearly made over time and making it out of that journey in one piece. I have had some dear friends from similar walks of life who sadly didn't make it over the years. Not a day goes by that I don't remember people that I lost like that, I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about and probably then some. We can take some solace in knowing that at least good people like yourself were not taken from us! :peace: Thanks for sharing my friend!

I tried to Micro dose and almosted died?
ataxian, :peace: friend....

Microdosing comes in levels, depending on what you're trying to treat.
When not dizzy, sure I can get away with .005g to .01g...daytime dose.
However, when a dizzy spell that would result in nausea starts coming on, well let's just say those three jars in one of your earlier posts... one of them may go missing. (Kidding, but when the Vertigo monster shows up, I stop weighing doses and just MegaDose till symptoms are controlled.

Don't sweat comparing numbers... there are even those who use less than I do. Those who, say, only vape on weekends... and then maybe even microdose. Just depends on what each person needs.

The important part about microdosing isn't the actual amount, but the idea that one does not have to reach a zombie-like state in order to receive the benefits they seek from cannabis.

I share a number of symptoms that my bro @ddave suffers from
Yeah, and the worst thing of all that my bro @herbivore21 and I share, we've not yet won the respective lottery in our area! :rant:
Cannabis has provided unparralelled relief for many different symptoms for me, and has allowed me to cease using a wide variety of prescription medications which my doctors themselves were clear carried significant risks of shortening my life expectancy. Hooray for cannabis! :weed:
+1 (where's that Infinity emoji?)

Dropped all meds (including high blood pressure) except one. Acid reflux pill. I can deal with that.

ataxian, :peace: friend....

Microdosing comes in levels, depending on what you're trying to treat.
When not dizzy, sure I can get away with .005g to .01g...daytime dose.
However, when a dizzy spell that would result in nausea starts coming on, well let's just say those three jars in one of your earlier posts... one of them may go missing. (Kidding, but when the Vertigo monster shows up, I stop weighing doses and just MegaDose till symptoms are controlled.

Don't sweat comparing numbers... there are even those who use less than I do. Those who, say, only vape on weekends... and then maybe even microdose. Just depends on what each person needs.

The important part about microdosing isn't the actual amount, but the idea that one does not have to reach a zombie-like state in order to receive the benefits they seek from cannabis.

Yeah, and the worst thing of all that my bro @herbivore21 and I share, we've not yet won the respective lottery in our area! :rant:

+1 (where's that Infinity emoji?)

Dropped all meds (including high blood pressure) except one. Acid reflux pill. I can deal with that.
OK sorry! I know I'm not cool like you all.

Although I had been gettin happy, on a recreational basis, for over 40 years...... I never really considered the true medicinal side of cannabis. I readily admit that my support for legalizing medical cannabis was a self-serving attempt to open the door to legal recreational use. Then one of the most important people in my life took ill and required brain surgery.

The pain, nausea and fears/emotions associated with memory issues were a horror until we stopped thinking recreational and started thinking medicinal. In other words....dosing became a same-time-several-times-a-day event instead of being done when you feel the need.

When the opiates ran out, cannabis and over the counter pain relievers made the pain bearable. Cannabis allowed for 'chilling out' mentally which translates into less pain and more rest because the body isn't tensed up. The most important benefit cannabis provided was probably the increase in appetite and simultaneous relief of the nausea. No appetite and gut wrenching nausea was how we started off and it stops any healing in it's tracks. As previously mentioned by others ....nausea beats you down physically and mentally. Nobody heals well or quickly without proper nutrition.

I broached the subject of medical cannabis with the neuro-brain surgeon and the general neurologist. In each case I shut the door to the hospital room before I opened the discussion because the topic felt 'taboo' in a way. Both doctors were not just open to medicinal use....they were wide open to it. Still it was presented as "We/You will have to exhaust every other avenue before any doctor in this state can prescribe cannabis". So while they were heavily in favor they made it clear they must approach it is a last resort from a professional stand-point. Maybe it's because I live in a state that recently approved medical use and there has been no real forward momentum.

I believe I have found a way where I could get medical passed without any restriction on growth, sale, etc.......mandate that every person who opposes legalization, especially political opponents, have the same brain surgery. I'd give it two weeks before it passes.

Although I had been gettin happy, on a recreational basis, for over 40 years...... I never really considered the true medicinal side of cannabis. I readily admit that my support for legalizing medical cannabis was a self-serving attempt to open the door to legal recreational use. Then one of the most important people in my life took ill and required brain surgery.

The pain, nausea and fears/emotions associated with memory issues were a horror until we stopped thinking recreational and started thinking medicinal. In other words....dosing became a same-time-several-times-a-day event instead of being done when you feel the need.

When the opiates ran out, cannabis and over the counter pain relievers made the pain bearable. Cannabis allowed for 'chilling out' mentally which translates into less pain and more rest because the body isn't tensed up. The most important benefit cannabis provided was probably the increase in appetite and simultaneous relief of the nausea. No appetite and gut wrenching nausea was how we started off and it stops any healing in it's tracks. As previously mentioned by others ....nausea beats you down physically and mentally. Nobody heals well or quickly without proper nutrition.

I broached the subject of medical cannabis with the neuro-brain surgeon and the general neurologist. In each case I shut the door to the hospital room before I opened the discussion because the topic felt 'taboo' in a way. Both doctors were not just open to medicinal use....they were wide open to it. Still it was presented as "We/You will have to exhaust every other avenue before any doctor in this state can prescribe cannabis". So while they were heavily in favor they made it clear they must approach it is a last resort from a professional stand-point. Maybe it's because I live in a state that recently approved medical use and there has been no real forward momentum.

I believe I have found a way where I could get medical passed without any restriction on growth, sale, etc.......mandate that every person who opposes legalization, especially political opponents, have the same brain surgery. I'd give it two weeks before it passes.
First of all I wanted to say: @Baron23 sorry for being a DICK. @herbivore21 sorry for being a complete asshole!
Thankful to breath.

Without CANNABIS?
No way could I survive .

First of all I wanted to say: @Baron23 sorry for being a DICK. @herbivore21 sorry for being a complete asshole!
Thankful to breath.

Without CANNABIS?
No way could I survive .
You're a-ok in my books brother! No need for apologies, we all have our bad days :peace:

You've always been one of my favorite people in this community - Glad to have you here, my friend :biggrin: :weed:

I'll try and quit bugging!
Yes I'm having a bad day?

Tomorrow will be better!
I hope tomorrow is better for you too, man. I hope you have some great rosin in your mod to take the edge off in the meantime :) here's to a better day tomorrow :peace: :cheers:

First of all I wanted to say: @Baron23 sorry for being a DICK.

Brother, I have no idea what you are talking about. You're still are on my personal A list! :cheers::thumbsup:

Nothing to worry about here :headbang:

I going to change my water path for tomorrow. (maybe that will cheer me up?)
We need to MEDICATED like a BOSS!
A change of glass/water path can be as good as a change of scenery :biggrin:
You had better believe when I finish work for the evening I'll be joining you in medicating to the next level :weed: :science:

Where would be be without cannabis!? :aaaaa:

Vape Family! May I have your attention please?
A winner is announced for a very informal contest!

(Sorry mods, you'll understand, read on please)

This was an auto-entered contest with a very specific target criteria....

Prize:
  1. A set of new model mod kit adapters.
  2. The UpComing (Soon to be released) V3 mod pieces.

Rules:
  1. Actively contribute to a vapor related forum
  2. Lives on the Left Coast, in same state as DDave
  3. Cool as all hell!
  4. Ex-Surfer who's well read.
  5. As DDave believes he's much like Data from Star Trek (an android), this person must have something to do with robots (maybe his avatar?).
  6. Cool as all hell!!! ( Did I already say that? If you said Yes, you're wrong!!!!! Count the exclamation marks please! )
  7. Own and promote the Mighty EQ.
  8. And most important, have a nickname that rhymes with "waxy", but also must start with the letter "T".

To whomever won
@ataxian, PM me your shipping address please...

images

.still have that silver surfer too....somewhere
DON'T lose that SSV!
It is like gold.
I got almost 50 SSVs to local families in late 2010 and through 2011, and not one has had theirs crap out.

Last edited:

Prize:

Rules:
  3. Cool as all hell!
  5. As DDave believes he's much like Data from Star Trek (an android), this person must have something to do with robots (maybe his avatar?).
  6. Cool as all hell!!! ( Did I already say that? If you said Yes, you're wrong!!!!! Count the exclamation marks please! )
  8. And most important, have a nickname that rhymes with "waxy", but also must start with the letter "T".

To whomever won

images
Now that is truly putting your money where your mouth is. :thumbsup::clap:

Prize:

Rules:
  3. Cool as all hell!

To whomever won

images

What a lovely random act of kindness. :thumbsup:

What a lovely random act of kindness. :thumbsup:
Thanks friend! For now, I do what little I can.

However, when I win the lottery, or find that golden pot (see what I did there?) at the end of the rainbow, ya'll have my word that everyone who's bought a kit from me in the past will either get a second kit if they already have the newest version, or will receive the newest version. :aaaaa:

To make it easier for me, I'll be shipping those lottery-funded kits to my buyer's original mailing addresses, however depersonalized without any names. So two things to remember.... Either we're going to end up with a ton of very surprised happy mod kit buyers, or if they have moved :yikes: and someone else has moved into their previous residence, then who knows.... may just end up converting a ton of combusters who may want to experiment with this mystery kit they just received.

Have an awesome weekend friend!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back