Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips ABV - What do you do with it

It's activated THC / edibles in its most basic form.
which would be the "fire-cracker", no, or something similar?

Firecrackers-Weed.jpg

The ABV milkshake is a pretty easy thing to make. I’ve told this story elsewhere. I had made a chocolate and peanut butter milkshake with ABV. I did drink about a half of a large glass. I used way too much ABV, like 1/4 -1/2 measuring cup.blended it up in a blender with the ice cream and milk plus the peanut butter. After the half of a very large glass I didn’t feel anything. It tasted good, some gritty taste but not bad. After an hour I decided to drink the rest. I got waaaay to high. I was riding white knuckled all night. I tried to sleep it off.

I was still high the next day and had to go to work. I live close to where I work thank goodness. I didn’t feel somewhat normal until 6:00 that day. I would never want to go through that again. Just a terrible experience. Who says ABV doesn’t get you high!:science:

Last edited:
The ABV milkshake is a pretty easy thing to make. I’ve told this story elsewhere. I had made a chocolate and peanut butter milkshake with ABV. I did drink about a half of a large glass. I used way too much ABV, like 1/4 -1/2 measuring cup.blended it up in a blender with the ice cream and milk plus the peanut butter. After the half of a very large glass I didn’t feel anything. It tasted good, some gritty taste but not bad. After an hour I decided to drink the rest. I got waaaay to high. I was riding white nuckled all night. I tried to sleep it off.

I was still high the next day and had to go to work. I live close to where I work thank goodness. I didn’t feel somewhat normal until 6:00 that day. I would never want to go through that again. Just a terrible experience. Who says ABV doesn’t get you high!:science:
You know it's effective when it does that to an experienced cannanaut.

I did a morning session one time that was meant to be maybe a three hour tour....immediately got called into work for an emergency meeting. Wasn't the best time of my life, but kept my head together. Don't recall what the big meeting was about....ha, ha. Probably something stupid. As usual.

A 1/4 cup would doom me too. A little less on some Blue Moon and then work your way up to where you want to be via vaporizing...that's how I used to do it. Until I started working on my figure.

I was vaping a 50/50 mix of cbd/thc flowers this morning with my coffee. Late morning I ate one thick slice, toasted, lots of butter...very tasty. I wanted another but for the sake of science just stuck to one. About an hour ago I realized I hadn't eaten anything so I took care of that.

It's kicking in for sure. Lots of head, kind of hard to focus. Maybe kicked up the mix from this morning? I'm not tired at all. My wife knew I was feeling good because she said I'm talkative. She normally doesn't like the taste of edibles but she wanted in on the fun. I toasted up a half slice for her, she said it tasted great! Still waiting for her to report any effects.

I'll definitely do this again. I already have ideas about what I might make next. :science:

Firecrackers-Weed.jpg
Nutellllaaaaaa!!!
I was vaping a 50/50 mix of cbd/thc flowers this morning with my coffee. Late morning I ate one thick slice, toasted, lots of butter...very tasty. I wanted another but for the sake of science just stuck to one. About an hour ago I realized I hadn't eaten anything so I took care of that.

It's kicking in for sure. Lots of head, kind of hard to focus. Maybe kicked up the mix from this morning? I'm not tired at all. My wife knew I was feeling good because she said I'm talkative. She normally doesn't like the taste of edibles but she wanted in on the fun. I toasted up a half slice for her, she said it tasted great! Still waiting for her to report any effects.

I'll definitely do this again. I already have ideas about what I might make next. :science:
Check out your ABV thru a loupe....tasty, tasty trichomes everywhere.

You'll never toss again.

It's easy to let it go and looking at a qt. Mason jar full of the stuff would be offputting...even to me. So I try to not to go more than a half cup before I sack up and eat it. Not sure why even I have to make a special point of it, it's not bad tasting and tickles muh brain.

Nutellllaaaaaa!!!

Check out your ABV thru a loupe....tasty, tasty trichomes everywhere.
Wow...I haven't taken any pics of AVB in a good while, but this is an example pic of mine
AVB 3.jpg

IMG_20210110_184100.jpgIMG_20210110_184042.jpg
Vape tincture waiting on a test kit
IMG_20210110_184524.jpg
Here is the glycerine and tincture reduction after 2 weeks
I want to report on it but my consumption has been elevated from the pain of shoveling cement snow, so I'm an unreliable reporter
A little rim formed but mixed right back in to the glycerine
Hope I can get the testing done correctly and with accuracy

Thanks for the pics Baron23, makes me hopeful about the etoh extraction

Firecrackers-Weed.jpg
Side note: Nutella and other higher glycemic foods... liver multitasking .

It works but you are giving your liver two high-demand jobs at once.........THC and Sugar (both are toxic and big tag items for the liver)
We experiment a lot with ABV...from our less scientific research with it, we have observed that is not an optimal combination...too heavy on the body, and it has a less predictable pattern of absorption, takes way longer too.....

We find that ABV performs way better in a Glycogen depleted liver ......most cannabinoids do.

We prefer low glycemic recipes (avocados, no sugar added nut butters, non-vegetable oils, etc.....)

My unsolicited advice, from someone that thinks about this maybe too much.....Is always a great idea to think about glycemic indexes.

It works but you are giving your liver two high-demand jobs at once.........THC and Sugar (both are toxic and big tag items for the liver)
We experiment a lot with ABV...from our less scientific research with it, we have observed that is not an optimal combination...too heavy on the body, and it has a less predictable pattern of absorption, takes way longer too.....

We find that ABV performs way better in a Glycogen depleted liver ......most cannabinoids do.

We prefer low glycemic recipes (avocados, no sugar added nut butters, non-vegetable oils, etc.....)

My unsolicited advice, from someone that thinks about this maybe too much.....Is always a great idea to think about glycemic indexes.
Fuckin A! NO! All great info! Much appreciated and ALWAYS welcome!

I was just posting what appears to be the most basic form of consumption... well, that and I've heard of people actually "sprinkling" it on their salads... POL!

I've never done a "firecracker" myself, and I always thought it was peanut butter, not Nutella, not like it would make much difference flavor-wise, I suppose... POL!

I made a batch of tincture once a few years ago w/ABV. Just took a shitload and soaked it all with Everclear in a thick slurry for a few months. Strained it all multiple times and put it in a mason jar. I made a "screwdriver" with, I dunno, a quarter cup and pounded it (POL!) and def felt effects and went to bed and slept for 18 hours (usually never get more than 6, these days it's 4 hours a day max)...! I still have it and it's shrinking, I guess slowly evaporating out of the mason jar... and I give zero fucks. Ha. No desire to do any ever again... but you never know!

Last edited:

Not disagreeing with you, but my liver has seen much more stressful work days....just sayin'.

Considering that most people throw it out, no biggie... maybe mix it up with and see what absorption works best.

As for Nutella, there really should be a Surgeon General's note that has been known to cause moobs.....in the state of California

My cold Irish-Mexican fusion potato egg, cheese, & ABV burrito was not a winner this morning w. the taste buds. Major disappointment until.it kicked in.

Last edited:
Fuckin A! NO! All great info! Much appreciated and ALWAYS welcome!

I was just posting what appears to be the most basic form of consumption... well, that and I've heard of people actually "sprinkling it on their salads"... POL!

I've never done a "firecracker" myself and I always thought it was peanut butter, not nutella, not like it would make much difference flavor-wise, I suppose... POL!

I made a batch of tincture once a few years ago w/abv. Just took a shitload and soaked it all with everclear in a thick slurry for a few months. Strained it all multiple times and put it in a mason jar. I made a "screwdriver" with, I dunno, a quarter cup and pounded it (POL!) and def felt effects and went to bed and slept for 18 hours (usually never get more than 6, these days it's 4 hours a day max).... I still have it! and it's shrinking, I guess slowly evaporating out of the mason jar... and I give zero fucks. Ha. no desire to do any ever again... but you never know!
I am one of those human being’s not to worry of sugar’s!
However one nevertheless should not be closed mined.
I’m making almond brittle without adding ABV due 2 not knowing the best way to use my inventory of ABV?

Non disagreeing with you, but my liver has seen much more stressful work days....just sayin'.

I feel you 100%...most people don't care.
Just throwing some bread crumbs out there..... it's good for anyone that cares about health and saving money.
It is possible to achieve better results with less money.

If I am intermittent fasting (like this week), .25 (flower) will send me to the moon. I also leverage that to keep tolerance low and pleasure high.
High-intensity exercise gives you a higher high mostly because of this mechanism...

.25 g of X behaves differently in a liver loaded vs liver depleted. :twocents:

Anyone have thoughts on using a carrier like the above?
Been using sugar and oil and would like to progress
IMG_20210111_164702.jpgIMG_20210111_160442.jpg
Going to try and figure this out, I have natural decarb and vape tincture to test
Any input or tips appreciated

The ABV seems to be a lot like the decarbed cannabis in my experience. I usually grind my ABV with a coffee grinder, so it becomes like an ABV flour.. You can add ABV flour to any fattening food type that would taste alright. I found chocolate, bananas and peanut butter helps to hide the taste. I’ve made Carmel’s but I still taste the ABV, maybe to add walnuts or make a brittle with chocolate on top.

I’ve made spanakopita and lasagna with the ABV flour. People make meatballs and you can’t taste the ABV. Your dish doesn’t need to be sugary but needs the fat. Caution, don’t cook too high and I mean:torching: temperature wize. Cook under 350 degrees.

Just eat plain ABV and peanut butter. I don’t mind the taste of Cannaoil using coconut oil - like a tablespoon in something or alone.

Last edited:
I feel you 100%...most people don't care.
Just throwing some bread crumbs out there..... it's good for anyone that cares about health and saving money.
It is possible to achieve better results with less money.

If I am intermittent fasting (like this week), .25 (flower) will send me to the moon. I also leverage that to keep tolerance low and pleasure high.
High-intensity exercise gives you a higher high mostly because of this mechanism...

.25 g of X behaves differently in a liver loaded vs liver depleted. :twocents:
Totally worthy topic.

I started a separate thread, check it out.

Typically use super concentrates if sugar or oil consumption is an issue
You can get it down to a half teaspoon or less and just add to unfinished or finished recipes
What is a super concentrate?

The feco I make from abv/avb would have you in a coma at half a teaspoon (2.5ml) a teaspoon is 5g

1ml sent Me on a 8-10 hour ride

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back