Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips ABV - What do you do with it

Typically use super concentrates if sugar or oil consumption is an issue
You can get it down to a half teaspoon or less and just add to unfinished or finished recipes
I assume that you mean concentrates high in THC levels. We have concentrates here, in the 90 percentile and can be used in recipes but this is the ABV thread so I won’t go on about it. . I’m unable to make concentrates myself from ABV or don’t want to learn.

I assume that you mean concentrates high in THC levels. We have concentrates here, in the 90 percentile and can be used in recipes but this is the ABV thread so I won’t go on about it. . I’m unable to make concentrates myself from ABV or don’t want to learn.
Feco from avb is in the same percentages
It is the easiest way to use it
Eat, vape, cannacap, put in food recipes...
No waste and no bad taste and can used in multiple ways

The process is the same as making feco from bud essentially

Although as I said before.... I asked what super concentrate was as you would be out for days on half a teaspoon of the feco I make ... 1 ml would be too much for most people.

So I enquired as to what a super concentrate was for educational purposes and because if a "super concentrate" takes half a teaspoon....feco from avb must be super duper concentrate at around 90%

What is a super concentrate?

The feco I make from abv/avb would have you in a coma at half a teaspoon (2.5ml) a teaspoon is 5g

1ml sent Me on a 8-10 hour ride
Just a fancy term for packing loads of milligrams into tiny amounts of carrier
The jargon changes from site to site
Right now I pack over a 1000mg into 30ml-60ml of oil or syrup, you can do more
If you do extractions then you have probably made a super concentrate at some time

I bought the test kit for testing the vape tincture I made, no idea of potency or what is in it
Abv may contain the cbd end of cannabis I'm looking for, pain management, sports and extra curricular activity over the years have banged me up-badly

This is for folks who may only have access to cannabis flower, shameful this is the case
LEGALIZE and let us do our own thing, no corporatism

Last edited:
Ordered aload of 00 capsules to fill with my coconut oil infused avb/rosin chip mix...
For my dad as he is really struggling with his arthritis..
My oil comes out pretty strong... a table spoon puts me on my arse...
Anyone got any experience with using capsules and how many he should take???
Best to take at night maybe??
I dont want it to effect him, just hoping it will have an easing background effect...

Ordered aload of 00 capsules to fill with my coconut oil infused avb/rosin chip mix...
I dont want it to effect him, just hoping it will have an easing background effect...
Do you know the potency? How many 00 caps equal a tablespoon? Otherwise there's really no way of knowing exactly what will do what to whom, imo... I'd just start off slow, like maybe right after dinner and make sure he doesnt have anything important to do the next day... That way if it's too much or whatever he can just go to bed and not feel freaky about it and sleep until dinner if he needs to... heh.

- There is no telling how strong it is unless you test it. I would start pretty small if he is not on ANY cannabis at all. I personally gave up on filling capsules, ain't nobody got time for that...hehe.Tincture with a dropper to the back of the tong is good enough for her.
- I would administer it right at bedtime with a lined stomach (CBN will provide great quality of sleep too, which will help information itself).

My mother finds great improvement in taking full spectrum CBN orally, sometimes she applies a canna cream to her knees....she finds it very effective. She also smokes joints here and there (weekends mostly).......
I just started Cocoa( my dog) on pet CBD for her arthritis, too soon to tell but my vet recommended it......
I am surrounded by women everywhere, they are all concerned about this too, really interested in this particular protocol...arthritis is a serious concern here.

With the rapidly accelerating race-to-the-bottom price war on the West Coast (even before California has their first enormous legal recreational outdoor crop this coming fall), the financial incentive to save every last milligram of THC/CBD might soon become less of a determining factor as to whether or not one should save AVB for a secondary use.

I even had a conversation recently with a local MMJ patient/friend who had calculated that it was now actually more expensive to grow organically indoors at the very small scale personal/hobby level than it is to buy at current retail prices. Of course, a bottom-of-the-barrel heavily discounted retail ounce is not directly comparable to a grower's personal head stash, but nonetheless, it looks to me like we are entering into a post-black-market cannabis economy that is going to greatly increase accessibility to people who are kept out for financial reasons. (Yay!).

So, here are my questions that I have been pondering.......

If your medical cannabis was plentiful such that there was no financial incentive to save AVB, would you still save it?

And if so, what special properties do you believe it has, and how do you reprocess it into effective medicine for your medical conditions?
ABV is a resource that I can help others with, when its no longer necessary I will be using the round file duff jar.

My concern is that he will green out using orally. Even with abv. Or hate the 'hangover' effect.

If going that route, I would tend to agree with @Thedev . Tincture or maybe FECO. Small amount... and build up gradually. The Rick Simpson protocol.

Have you considered making suppositories? They are supposed to work really well; while not getting you high at all. There's a thread on it here.

I just started Cocoa( my dog) on pet CBD for her arthritis, too soon to tell but my vet recommended it......
Given your obvious vast knowledge on all things nutrition, I'm kinda scared even suggesting it buuut I'm sure you've looked into high omega 3 fish oil, condroitin and glucosamine as well...? (Quick! Run for cover....!!)

Given your obvious vast knowledge on all things nutrition, I'm kinda scared even suggesting it buuut I'm sure you've looked into high omega 3 fish oil, condroitin and glucosamine as well...? (Quick! Run for cover....!!)
Not for Cocoa. She has good fish and collagen intake. We source food that is made from Mackarel and Lamb, made in New Zealand...According to the Vet, that is plenty of Aminoacids and proteins for that.
I typically avoid supplementation without Data....Pet CBD is our first crack at that, It's honestly too early to tell, but she is moving a bit more...

Infused oils going through the liver pack a punch
If he is new to cannabis follow the above instructions, I use my oil on rainy 35-50f (1-11c) day and basically just veg
IMG_20201218_201942.jpg
I use a syringe without the needle
Try to use a couple of drops in a cap and start with a single cap and gauge the reaction and give more if/when needed
Oil comes on slow and lasts longer in my opinion, the syrup I make hits in 20-40 minutes and goes 3-5 hours both have different highs
Oil seems more medicinal and sedative
Good luck, hope all turns out well

20210129_130817.jpg
20210129_130824.jpg

This is how I make my simple medcoco oil:

1 part of water cured ABV fine grounded + 1 part of organic coconut oil.

185F for 12 hrs - strain with cheese cloth and
You are done.

***Optional: Add turmeric for additional anti inflammatory benefits, coconut oil will act as carrier for absorption.

This recipe takes less than 20 min total labor...thats the most I am willing to go, ain't nobody got time for that

View attachment 24134View attachment 24135

This is how I make my simple medcoco oil:

1 part of water cured ABV fine grounded + 1 part of organic coconut oil.

185F for 12 hrs - strain with cheese cloth and
You are done.

***Optional: Add turmeric for additional anti inflammatory benefits, coconut oil will act as carrier for absorption.

This recipe takes less than 20 min total labor...thats the most I am willing to go, ain't nobody got time for that

Curious about how much you take for a dose?

Curious about how much you take for a dose?
1 table spoon = 1 night cap for her....( I just add to bone broth and she takes before bed)
It super strong , you have to drink it like a shot, its not delicious lol....you can add it to a soup or mix it with nut butters ...I had it and the same dose makes me green out with my dick in my hand.
Her tolerance is higher than mine and puts her in deep sleep.I keep this aside for when her sleep patterns get bad.
I would recommend starting at 1/2 tbs on this one

20210130_204501.jpg

20210130_204727.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to be a pest
Do you sous vide the abv to further process it toward cbd/cbn?
Still unclear what's left in it
I do sous vide because its a lot less work than a double boiler and allows a much longer infusion time without overheating it or destroying any cannabinoids . I use the exact same method for olive oil and guee/butter.
There is definitely Thc left,this will send to the moon but not sure on the exact potency.

Maybe it's from being raised by parents and a grandmother who went through the Depression? I was taught not to waste. Lol... my grandmother washed out and saved old baggies and plastic containers to reuse. She was the 'original recycler.' I know she'd be spinning in her grave if I wasted something like abv.

I just became aware of this thread a few hours ago. I haven't read it completely so maybe my comment is redundant.

@momofthegoons I come from a similar background so I hate throwing away what is still good.

Since ABV is already activated, I just put some in a cup (1/8 of a tea spoon / 0.6ml is a good starting point to make sure not to over do it) and infuse it with a little boiling water and some tea according to one's taste. Drink rapidly and ingest the herb also. In 30 to 60 minutes it generates a gentle and warm body high and quietmess of the mind. The effect of course depends on the amount you drink and the potency of the strain (or strains) your ABV is made of.

I find this method rapid, simple and efficient.

IMG_20210131_150927.jpgIMG_20210131_150936.jpgIMG_20210131_151018.jpg
Left to right in the first pic
ABV ready for cold extraction
Mystery tincture, forgot to label so don't know how many grams I used to make the tincture
ABV tincture that has been filtered through a membrane filter and then scrubbed with celite and carbon through a buchner funnel
I know folks go for speed and efficiency but my edibles have to be almost void of any cannabis taste or it is a nightmare for me to eat or drink them
Going to use samples from these tinctures to practice TLC
Hopefully get a better idea of what is in the products I make and ingest
Thanks for info Dev, personal experiences are usually the best source for info, and your sous vide info will help a lot- Is this your method of decarbing(is that a word?)?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back