Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I wouldn't give up on healthy rips too soon. There advice was pretty much what you read here, because that's the most common. That your unit seems worse is uncommon, but I think you will get a new unit or yours fixed eventually.
I am in agreement... I believe sooner than later.

AusVapes will see you right @felvapes. I have purchased vapes from them for many years & never had a bad experience when resolving an issue.

I wouldn't give up on healthy rips too soon. There advice was pretty much what you read here, because that's the most common. That your unit seems worse is uncommon, but I think you will get a new unit or yours fixed eventually. I speculate it may be something came loose and is contacting the heater. Uncommon for sure.

I am in agreement... I believe sooner than later.

Okay, so after much use in the last couple of days and a final check before I sent it in for warranty
I think I found the culprit
It makes no sense to me as it is clean and has been iso cleaned, buuut, the wpa is the issue

Out of curiosity as I knew it was through water I had most taste issues, I used the bent glass mouth piece with a grommit to use in water pipe

Nothing but good vape and flavour as with the native MP
Then I tried with the actual wpa and the taste was back

I do not know why there is a taste as it has been cleaned
There is a slight blackish ring/tinge around the bottom of the wpa where it goes into bong
No idea why or what it is, but this will not clean off and must be the contaminant that gives the off taste
The unit itself is fine with other attachments

Thank you to @HealthyRips.com for your help and response and for contacting the australian seller I purchased from to ensure they adhere to warranty

I will ask them for a new wpa now instead of sending in the unit, which makes me happy as I really enjoy my HRF2 and did not look forward to waiting for a replacement while it was in the post

This still is a great little unit and the company are good to deal with, even if you have bought your unit from another shop OS

Cheers again to HR for the assisstance and for a great little product

AusVapes will see you right @felvapes. I have purchased vapes from them for many years & never had a bad experience when resolving an issue.

Yes so have I
They are always quick to help
They contacted me to fill out warranty report and said that HR had contacted them to do so as well

I now will message them to explain the above results and see if they will replace the wpa for me :)

Also @LesPlenty if you enjoy watching the vape run down your Ddave wand, try finding an o-ring or grommet ( I used a cut OG DV MP) to fit the HRF2 bent glass MP
In doing so to test above issues I found it is really fun to watch the vape come down and then around the bend and down again into the billy... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I found the culprit
It makes no sense to me as it is clean and has been iso cleaned, buuut, the wpa is the issue
I'm confused... my WPA is made of glass... and imparts zero smell. What is your's made of? If it's the glass WPA... wtf is smelling and burning on it? :thinker:

I'm glad to hear that your issues are being taken care of. I had a feeling that HealthyRips would take care of you. :thumbsup:

I'm confused... my WPA is made of glass... and imparts zero smell. What is your's made of? If it's the glass WPA... wtf is smelling and burning on it? :thinker:

I'm glad to hear that your issues are being taken care of. I had a feeling that HealthyRips would take care of you. :thumbsup:
It is a legit HR glass wpa
I am as confused as you
There is a blackish visible ring at bottom
Will not iso wash away or torch

Also confused, this is why I thought the unit was the issue....But after going between legit HR glass pieces I can definitely say it is my wpa

Maybe it is lead leeching out....lol

It is a legit HR glass wpa
I am as confused as you
There is a blackish visible ring at bottom
Will not iso wash away or torch
Makes me wonder if there was some sort of manufacturing residue on it that wont wash off... cause that's nuts! No wonder you thought it was the unit.

Well that's an easy fix at least. And not a costly one for either Healthy Rips or AusVapes. Good deal.

Makes me wonder if there was some sort of manufacturing residue on it that wont wash off... cause that's nuts! No wonder you thought it was the unit.

Well that's an easy fix at least. And not a costly one for either Healthy Rips or AusVapes. Good deal.
And I get to keep using my Fury 2 in the meantime
3 way win...

I also can only think some sort of production/factory residue - but what? that sticks to glass?

Here is a pic of WPA and "stain"
20180831_032340.jpg

Last edited:
Noting wrong with having a spare!

replacement wpa arrived from ausvapes no issues
no stain, no funny taste
good times....

20180905_235720.jpg

So this works
Don't know how often I do it
But out of curiosity tried and was successful
Can do through water too

20180905_235644.jpg

@LesPlenty I use this as you were saying
Works well in a 14mm too
The side with the lip on the blue silicone is perfect fit for the 14mm
Other end of Omni has an OG MP cut as an o-ring for the glass connection end when used with F2

20180905_235439.jpg

Replacement WPA for HRF2 arrived and packed with a hash sanger

20180904_203335.jpg

20180904_203405.jpg

Sorry for back to backs @momofthegoons
I don't know how to upload multiple pics on phone

20180904_203413.jpg

Last edited:
Going for the back to back record!:lmao::smoke:

I'll tell you what @felvapes ..... I just hit my 420th member.. and it just seems like that's worth celebrating! Hit me up in pm if you would like an asylum dabmat....

And our 420th member, @Zangano Cruel can have one as well if he wants. Again... hit me up via pm. :biggrin:
CONGRATS ON THE 420 MEMBERS
Definitely time for us all to pack a vape or dab and celebrate.....

Plus I won a prize for being norty and doing mega back to back posts.....winning...lol:smoke::biggrin::razz2::cheers:

Last edited:
20180905_235720-jpg.4750

So this works
Don't know how often I do it
But out of curiosity tried and was successful
Can do through water too
I tried both methods with the silicone rings and my M. So glad they are compatible in this manner. Two portables that can work together.

The stainless steel pads have used for different projects as well.

Puffitup has the capsules for the Fury 2. So I placed my order with them.

Other thing I've noticed. The unit always needs to be topped off one bar before it is maxed and I can shove off. I believe it draws power keeping the board ready for a button press. Like some other electronics, battery back ups and vapes I've known. Something to KIM if you are away from home base.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back